Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1H shield with bow or 2h

ahogies24
ahogies24
Soul Shriven
I'm really not sure about this one, I'm a DK red gaurd and also a tank, and I have spent my time tanking but I have recently unlocked quick swap and I wanted to know if it would be more efficient to to use the 1H&S for single targets and small groups and the 2H for multiple enemies, or to use the 1H&S for all up close targets and to use the bow for kiting in cyrodiil ??

Really need some advice.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    My DK red guard "tank" is 1HS and dual wielding (with werewolf buffs, at level 35) in PvE ... if I need to bring down something faster I switch to dual wield (eg a troll) otherwise I just stick with 1HS for the "tanking" practice. I don't PvP with this toon and probably wont at level 50+ either. My forays into PvP is with a sorcerer and templar healer.

If you want to PvP then it depends how you want to play, in close and dirty - then its survivability, or pop at range with a bow. Others who PvP may be able to comment better.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• ahogies24
    ahogies24
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for our personal experiences, and I will try to relate to that as I play