Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upgrade to imperial edition?

Majzkatten
Majzkatten
✭✭✭
I own the game since a year but hasnt played much so imma noob. Can i upgrade to imperial now? How? And ds that mean i can change faction whenever i want?
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy, with crowns, both the Imperial upgrade as well as the Explorer's Pack upgrade.

You can't change faction at all, but this will allow you to create characters of any race in any alliance.
  • Majzkatten
    Majzkatten
    ✭✭✭
    Aett_Thorn wrote: »
    You can buy, with crowns, both the Imperial upgrade as well as the Explorer's Pack upgrade.

You can't change faction at all, but this will allow you to create characters of any race in any alliance.
    tyty! Great. I may want a Breton i Aldmeri and i have only one horse and 2 seems convenient as i can have 1 fast and for packs:)

• Srithla
    Srithla
    ✭✭
    Majzkatten wrote: »

tyty! Great. I may want a Breton i Aldmeri and i have only one horse and 2 seems convenient as i can have 1 fast and for packs:)

Note that you no longer train horses. You now have a riding skill that is shared among all your mounts. Your initial riding skill should be the highest level in each skill that you reached on any horse. So you should have both fast *and* capacity in your initial skills. (Add: I misread, but the base point still holds. Your initial skill will be the same as whatever you had for that one horse, but shared among all horses. You max out riding skills when you reach 60/60/60.)
    Edited by Srithla on June 15, 2015 5:20PM
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You no longer have different horses with different stats. Instead, each character has a riding skill set that can get upgraded at stables. Different mount types are just skins now.
  • Majzkatten
    Majzkatten
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh they are? Oh dear..but seems convenient. But I have payed to upgrade the horse skill already (once a day) did i do that in vain? Thanks!:):)
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you log in to those characters that have already upgraded their mounts, they should have riding skill values that are equal to the highest of their mounts used to be.

For instance, let's say that you previously had two mounts:

1) 20 Speed, 10 Stamina, 40 Storage
    2) 40 speed, 20 Stamina, 10 Storage

This character will log in and find that they already have riding skill values equal to 40 Speed, 20 Stamina, 40 Storage
  • Majzkatten
    Majzkatten
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to be able to play as any race in any alliance (like playing a Breton in Aldmeri Dominion) you need the Adventurer's Pack from the crown store.

The Imperial Edition will only allow you to make Imperial characters in any alliance, any other race would still be tied to a specific faction.

You can get both, which is obviously more expensive but IMO worth it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Majzkatten
    Majzkatten
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    If you want to be able to play as any race in any alliance (like playing a Breton in Aldmeri Dominion) you need the Adventurer's Pack from the crown store.

The Imperial Edition will only allow you to make Imperial characters in any alliance, any other race would still be tied to a specific faction.

You can get both, which is obviously more expensive but IMO worth it.

Ah I see! Thanks a zillion! I need to look into this:)
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the horse available to all toons with the Imperial version .. and those annoying treasure maps that take up inventory space from the explorer version !
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Majzkatten
    Majzkatten
    ✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    Don't forget the horse available to all toons with the Imperial version .. and those annoying treasure maps that take up inventory space from the explorer version !
    Oii... and I was reading about explorer pack and it seems it was only possible to obtain as pre order :neutral:
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    Oii... and I was reading about explorer pack and it seems it was only possible to obtain as pre order :neutral:

You should be able to buy it in the crown store. I think it might be called the adventurer's pack or something like that, though.