The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do you cure Lycanthropy?

ATubofButter
I completed the quest, got to rank 10 with werewolf for the achievement. Now how do I cure this stuff? Assuming it is still possible.

(And before someone comes in asking to be bitten. I already bit some random person at the shrine two days ago, go free random werewolf mauling at the shrine!)

Best Answers

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that curing is permanent. So once cured you will need someone to bite you again.

Also, all skillpoints invested into the werewolf skillline will be gone permanent. So it is wise to first reset all your skillpoints at the shrine of stendar in your alliances capital.

After that you have to talk to a priest of arkay (they normally can be found near the skillpoint shrine) and he offers to cure you.

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
    Answer ✓
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Priest of Arkay is in the Mage's Guild where Hircine's Shrine is in your zone (Evermore, Reaper's March, The Rift). It will cost you about 600g for the cure, you will lose the skill line and your skill points will not be refunded.

If you ever decide to become a werewolf again, your skill level and skill points (unless you respec) will remain where they were before you got cured.
    Edited by Reverb on June 15, 2015 3:59PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Answer ✓
  • Metal10957
    Metal10957
    ✭✭✭
    I have cured vampirism before, but the priest of Arkay is simply not there. Any ideas?
    Edited by Metal10957 on July 30, 2020 6:43AM
    For the Horde!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metal10957 wrote: »
    I have cured vampirism before, but the priest of Arkay is simply not there. Any ideas?

They only appear in the Mage's Guild in Evermore, Reaper's March and The Rift and you might have to go to your character's home alliance. I'm not sure but there's several vampire/werewolf related things which were never updated for One Tamriel.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Metal10957

I just cured Lyncanthropy a couple of weeks ago.

I found the Cure in the Temple in my Alliance Capital where you can do Skill Respecs. This was Stormhaven. I did not find it in the Mages Guild.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    From the Greymoor / Update 26 patch notes:
    Priests of Arkay have moved to more prominent cities throughout Tamriel, and are more readily available to cure those wishing to remove the affliction of Vampirism.