Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

new player levelling guide question

kingzy2015
does anyone no of any up to date leveling guides, i have googled alot and all i could find were guides saying grind>mob till X Level only to find most the spots were nerfed to high hell. now most will say do the story spend 2 months experiencing the entire game. which is fine....but i have no interest in the pve or lore of the game. i just want to get to a fair level to be able to enjoy pvp thats the soul reason i bought the game so i dont want to spend the next 2 months levelling to even compete. i dont expect getting to the vet ranks any time soon. but a fast path to the mid 40s would be nice. i played ebony. but would be willing to start a new character else where if a guide was shared. thanks for any help or advice i appreciate it all.
  • PoseidonEvil
    PoseidonEvil
    ✭✭✭
    quests give the best experience pre Vet.
    In-game ID: alchelvly
    Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
    Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
    Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk
  • kingzy2015
    some maybe, but when your new to the game and you dont no which quests are worth doing seems you spend more time running around looking for quests and ending up doing useless once what give <500xp for 20 mins work which you could get from 2 minutes grinding random mobs. thats just my experience so far so
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want to focus on pvp I'd recommend to focus on getting skill points in the beginning (collect skyshards, do the quests you get from the prophet, follow the main storyline of the zone) and enter pvp as soon as you feel comfortable with the combat mechanics. Lvl 15 is a good time, as it allows you to equip a secondary weapon.
    If you fast level to 45, you'll be able to enjoy pvp only for a few levels, as lvl 50 to veteran rank 5 is the time when you are weakest in pvp. (A lvl 10 mage will have about the same amout of magicka as a veteran 1 while having twice as much health and stamina due to your stats beeing boosted untill lvl 49)
  • kingzy2015
    thanks for that advice :) but in the non vet campaign a level 15 seems very week compared to a 40+ only due to the lack of there 30+ skills my lvl 17 dk seemed majorly limited only having 1 skill doing any noticeable damage. i may be playing him wrong. but i'm trying sorc now as it seems more noob friendly in the low levels being pure caster is easier for me in pvp atm. just hanging back and sniping. but i plan to stay in the 40s for a while, leveling in the pvp is very slow so i imagine would be several weeks of playing pvp before i get to 50 anyway which is what i would like. hence why would like to get to a fair level asap.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're best off to just play the game naturally: That is do the main mission mini-storylines for each zone, and any side quests you come across whilst doing so. They wil lead you through the game from level 1 in the starting zone, to craglorn (the end-game zone). Add the fighters guild and mages guild to that if you like, and even your main missions against Molag Bal. Be sure to pick up any skyshards etc on your way. As long as you don't 'train' through mobs whilst doing that you'll level up at a good speed and also move through the content relatively fast.

There really is no 'cheat' shortcut in ESO, as there is much more to character development than just 'leveling' them. The last thing you want to do is get to level 50, and find you have to go back through the lower zones to complete various things you've missed, because killing trivial enemies and exploring trivial places is basically a complete waste of time, from a purely quantitative viewpoint.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • snorlockb16_ESO
    snorlockb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    1. Do the Prophet quests for skill points;
    2. Each zone has roughly 15 skyshards, about half in solo dungeons;
    3. Each zone has a relatively easy public dungeon with a skyshard and a tough boss that awards a skill point;
    4. Each zone has around 4 main quests that award a skill point.
    Complete this content in the first 2 zones plus get the "starter" island skyshards and you should be around level 25 and have around 50 skill points to play with. Now...
    1. Always have a skill from all three skill-trees, plus a weapon on your skill bar to level up your ability trees;
    2. Spend some time in Cyrodil regularly as soon as you reach lvl 10; who cares if you get killed, learn your way around and know what you will be facing;
    3. Swap in a second skill that has good synergy with your build as soon as it opens; get at least two skills per tree leveled up so you can morph them; you can easily do this by level 25; you don't always need the 5th tier skills and passives, a lot of the lower tier skills (the first ones you can get at low levels) are wicked if used properly;
    4. Understand that Cyrodil is a team sport unless you are awesome enough to go solo; find a team and fill an appropriate role;
    5. At level 10 you can still be useful, just don't go charging in wildly like a shirtless Nord;
    6. At level 20 you can certainly be competitive if you learn strategy and tactics, not just depend on character stats.
    Now I can give you a quick guide to DC content if you are in a hurry and don't care about story/quests...
    1. Stros M'kai starter island, just do one of the main missions and you can complete the island to get to Bhetnik; get 3 skyshards;
    2. Get 3 skyshards in Bhetnik, you don't have to do a single quest;
    3. Glenumbra a) save King Casimir b) save the Wyrd tree c) Glenumbra Moors/Camlorn d) Lion Guard Redoubt/Cath Bedraud. These are the main skill point quests and give you lots of experience. (Do all dungeons and Prophet quests.) You can ignore any side quests if you don't care.
    4. Stormhaven: Alcair Castle/Firebrand Keep -> Pariah Abbey -> At Tura Estate -> Vaermina's Gambit; you have to do them in order, each yields a skill point. Collect all skyshards, do all dungeons, do all Prophet quest. Everything else is optional.
    5. Become a werewolf, just do it.
    You can certainly complete the above in one weekend.
    Edited by snorlockb16_ESO on June 15, 2015 2:22PM
  • kingzy2015
    thanks for the very descriptive info, thats a big help i'll definitely give that a try and see how that does for me. i'll reroll a dc char see if i find that more manageable as really cant find much info for ebony so cheers mate. very appreciated.
  • Grolsch
    Grolsch
    Soul Shriven
    1. Always have a skill from all three skill-trees, plus a weapon on your skill bar to level up your ability trees;
    ;
    3. Glenumbra a) save King Casimir b) save the Wyrd tree c) Glenumbra Moors/Camlorn d) Lion Guard Redoubt/Cath Bedraud.

Thanks for the advice. I am relatively new to the game and have managed to get a redguard template to level 15. My prior experience is playing skyrim through twice. As far as 'having a skill from all three skill trees, putting these skills in your bar affects how fast they level and not if they are used? I have been putting my one handed / shield skills in there for most of the game and replacing them with my bow skills when I am wandering around during with that.

I managed to get through the Boss fights in the king casmir quests and the lion guard redoubt quests because I stumbled across them when another player was engaging the bosses and I pitched in.

I can't beat the wyrd tree boss no matter what I try. I don't hit hard enough and all the rolling and running around burjs up my stamina. I have tried it three times over the past five or six levels and the end result is the same.

I get closer to beating the werewolf in the camlorn gate quest but end up dying az well.

I am playing as a non spellcasting heavy armor tank...any thoughts on how to improve the amount of damage I inflict?

So far it certainly seems like the game is slanted towards spellcasters.
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're new, I would suggest enjoying the game, and do the quests. There is a lot of content, and if you actually enjoy the elder scrolls games, the story arcs, as well as the main questline, are very interesting.