Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about Bloodfiend spawn?

Pyromancer90
Hello fellas,
I bought ESOTU on PS4 and finally maxed it ti VR1.
Waited hours fir bloodfiend to spawn but they never seem to do so.
Anyways, my question is: I finished the main quest line (AD/PS4/NA) and i unlocked the EPand DC zones, can i get bit there? Will the bloodfiend that transmits vampirism spawn even if its not YOUR faction territory?
For example im on AD and bloodfiend spawn at reaper's march, if i go to the rift will they still spawn?
Thanks!
Add me on PS4 if you want to play with me: lilalex546
Take it easy folks.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your ritual shrines are only effective in your original faction.

I do not know if you can be bitten by NPCs in other spawn areas, you certainly cant be infected by players in the wrong faction zone
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Pyromancer90
    No but can the mobs there transmit the disease?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No but can the mobs there transmit the disease?

Normal Mobs in the normal course of things? No. This is not like earlier TES games.

This is why most people get bites from other players.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pyromancer90
    No i mean during new moon, will the one who actually transmit the disease spawn in other faction territory? And if they do will they be able to transmit it ?
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's been awhile but I believe I got werewolf that way on one of my vets. Came around a rock and got jumped by a spawn in Bangkorai. I'm AD so that was my Cadwell's Gold zone.

My memory may be faulty or it may have changed but it would be worth a shot.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Pyromancer90
    Ill keep an eye out thanks, if someone can confirm this it would be nice :)
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reaper's March, Bangkorai, or the Rift has both the Bloodfiends (they are in groups of 3, always unless someone kills 1 or more) and the Werewolves that can turn you (the WW come in pairs, so just 2 of them again unless someone kills one).

Let them attack you, armor doesn't matter. You can hold block, etc...just check your character sheet to make sure you got the buff showing so, then go hunt down the Quest giver to become a Vamp or WW. The Quest giver is in Rawl'kha in Reaper's March, Riften in The Rift, and in Evermore in Bangkorai.

This is at least true for PC and I do also have an XB1 copy I will be checking in as well once I get some free time (no account transfer, so it will be from scratch on XB1 since I wanted to keep my account/characters on PC and start fresh with XB1 to play ESO with some different friends there).

Edit: Also, when you accept the quest.. it will tell you to see a Priest of Arkay or to go elsewhere.... DON'T GO TO THE PRIEST unless you want to remove the buff and prevent your character from becoming a Vampire or Werewolf...go to the other location (Crypt, WW Shrine) if you'd like to take the final steps towards becoming a Vampire or Werewolf.

It doesn't matter what faction you are in, as long as it happens in one of those zones I listed above since you'll eventually have access to all 3 alliances with one character.
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on June 15, 2015 6:17PM
  • Pyromancer90
    Thank you so much man :)
  • PlaceboSoul
    PlaceboSoul
    ✭✭✭
    I'll add to this post that if you get either ww or vamp at an early level, be wary of a quest you receive later on in the game. There is a quest where you must speak to a priest, one of his dialogue options is to cure you. I've heard many cases of people losing their supernatural skill trees (and all the points in them) this way.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Adamsy
    Adamsy
    Hello fellas,
    I bought ESOTU on PS4 and finally maxed it ti VR1.
    Waited hours fir bloodfiend to spawn but they never seem to do so.
    Anyways, my question is: I finished the main quest line (AD/PS4/NA) and i unlocked the EPand DC zones, can i get bit there? Will the bloodfiend that transmits vampirism spawn even if its not YOUR faction territory?
    For example im on AD and bloodfiend spawn at reaper's march, if i go to the rift will they still spawn?
    Thanks!
    Add me on PS4 if you want to play with me: lilalex546
    Take it easy folks.

I can confirm that getting the disease for either werewolf or vampire from an npc will work if your in another alliances area. I'm AD and just got vampirism from The Rift which is ebonherat pact area.

Like others have said tho getting bitten by a player at a shrine in a zone other than your own won't work or so they say so i can't confirm that you.

But at least the npc bite works in other zones. :)

EDIT - found Vorundil in Rawl'kha (Reaper's March) slightly south of Planed Plank Carpentry.
    Edited by Adamsy on July 30, 2015 8:44AM