Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Most likely means of getting "bitten" ... in my opinion

OzJohnD
OzJohnD
✭✭✭✭
Hang around the ritual shrine of your factions region.

I've been visiting both werewolf and vamp shrines (with my own werewolf and vamp toons) in the last few days and it appears that many gift-enabled werewolves and vamps head their to offer their services. If you can't get their safely you are probably not going to succeed with the quest line to complete the gifts.

Can see why posting in this forum is going to do anything other than verify the demand for being bitten, better to try in-game (although yes, the in-game comms is not very friendly for this).
Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• MightyTank
    Well this is a long shot but i gotta try, im aldmeri dominion EU ps4 if you can help me out with the werewolf bite xD. Psn is glen--h
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, a long shot ... my toon is Aldmeri, US server and now on cool-down, I will free bite every time its off cool-down by simply going to the shrine.

Just a heads up for werewolves who might be experiencing difficulty actually biting another player.

You need to be in werewolf form, have the right skills and be in range of the shrine (yes you already know this) ... BUT ... this in itself does not seem to enable the "Devour" options when looking at another player.

I found, after many tries, the way to trigger a Devour option on a player is to go kill something (tigers and scorpions nearby), Devour the corpse then head straight back to the shrine whilst in werewolf form.

Turning into a werewolf form next to the shrine does not seem to be enough by itself, the "go get a kill->devour corpse" seems to activate the ability properly - possibly an unaddressed bug in the process ?

Logging in and out is not a fix, you lose werewolf form.

It does not appear to be an issue of lag.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

• ttpowell
    ttpowell
    Where are the vampire shrines? I've googled them and only found people asking to be bit.
    PS4
    ttpowell
    North America
    Ebonheart Pact
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    ttpowell wrote: »
    Where are the vampire shrines? I've googled them and only found people asking to be bit.

not surprising ... last time I was there I saw at least 6 others just hovering for a bite

• jmaldona29
    I kept using this forum to no avail. In the end I did myself. Was lucky enough to get bit on my first try. Paid no attention to the moon cycle. Just did it at night. Vampire was easier