The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ALCHEMIST CERTIFICATION QUEST

VIOLENT-HAZE
craft a sip of health: 0/1

so....i had pure water and clear water in vials and i guess i used the wrong water? (not sure which one i used but anyways during the quest you're supposed to get natural water which i did.....and columbine and mountain flower...so i was using the alchemy table like i was supposed to and i combined the ingredients BUT i used the wrong "water" LOL. anyways how do i get more of the flowers? i have searched where i was before all over the area and i see the flowers but it wont let me pick it up...help please i need to finish this quest.

Best Answer

• BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you lose the 2nd one you need to complete quest, normally with enchanting at lower levels you need a TA rune also. Or it could be in bank? But that depends where you keep your materials.

Also on other one if you can't drop quest then you may have to buy from guild store for material.
    Edited by BigM on June 14, 2015 6:14PM
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
    Answer ✓
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop quest then retake it, problem solved. :smiley:
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • VIOLENT-HAZE
    how do you drop quest?
  • VIOLENT-HAZE
    ok so, i did the enchanting one this time and i made the glyph of health...but it doesnt say i have completed the quest on the screen, but it did when i made it...wtf
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will find flowers all over the place, particularly when you're not looking for them. Although the ones that the tutorial quest directs you to should respawn quite quickly so you can pick them again. Once you have created whatever it is you need to create, you need to talk to Danel Telleno again to show him it and get your certification.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ok so, i did the enchanting one this time and i made the glyph of health...but it doesnt say i have completed the quest on the screen, but it did when i made it...wtf

Enchanting writs usually require you to craft a certain glyph and obtain a certain rune. The rune MUST be in your bag, not your bank for it to count.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • snorlockb16_ESO
    snorlockb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have never seen the mats from the writ training quests respawn, and I actually looked for them, reloaded etc. to see if they would. On one occasion I dropped the quest (my quest log was full) and when I took it again I did not get the mats to collect. I would think this is to avoid an exploit where we could drop the quest repeatedly and keep gathering the mats. This is true for all the writ training quests.

Columbine and Mountain flower are common in mountainous areas, Nyrnroot and Water Hyacinth near water, the mushrooms grow at the base of trees, etc.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For both the alchemy and the enchanting writs - first off look very carefully at the exact wording of the writ. If it says "dram of health" a "sip of health" won't work, and vise versa (yes, @VIOLENT-HAZE its the water).

For the enchanting writ, if it asks for a trifling glyph of health and you craft a moderate glyph of health - it won't work. In this case it's the ... oh heck the square one that determines the modifier.

To complete the quest you have to deliver the item(s) to the depot which will be in the same zone as the quest, which will be the same zone as your X/9 passive (so if you have 1/9 in the top alchemy passive, and you are DC, you will be delivering in Daggerfall).
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never happened to me where I didn't find and finish quest. But i will try it later and see if going back to quest giver then gives me where I can harvest them again. Betting he tells me to get from guild store.
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Championofold
    Enodoc wrote: »
    You will find flowers all over the place, particularly when you're not looking for them. Although the ones that the tutorial quest directs you to should respawn quite quickly so you can pick them again. Once you have created whatever it is you need to create, you need to talk to Danel Telleno again to show him it and get your certification.

Happens all the time the other day blessed thistle was what I had to find couldn't find them anywhere and now swimming in them.
    I would recommend using a skill point in alchemy there is a perk that makes all materials glow so they are easier to spot
  • Filterman3
    Filterman3
    Soul Shriven
    I think it was a glitch, cause I had the same thing happen to me. But yes, use a skill point on alchemy, I've got ton of flowers now and finally got the quest to work correctly.
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    Where you're directed to go for the Quest doesn't regenerate the flowers. I stuffed it up too and I've been back 3 days in a row - several times per day - and they've never appeared again.

I took the Alchemy Glow Skill and it's very handy - but I still can't find a damned Columbine :/
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Columbine is a very small red plant low to the ground. It is fairly valuable so quite sought after. Read that is always looted! They tend to be hidden near or among other red flowers to make them very hard to see. Just keep looking and eventually you will score some.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I have on occasion found alchemy plants in containers, but not yet Columbine.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    I finally found one so I've completed the Quest.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

WOOT!

Now are you going for the rest of the crafting writs?
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

WOOT!

Now are you going for the rest of the crafting writs?

I think so yes. :-) You doing these too?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't craft on all my characters, and even the ones I do, I don't have time (or organizational skills) to do every day. But mostly I at least do the beginning of all the types of writs on all of them; nice set up 'just in case' for later.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an old thread but people still do crafting certifications. When you are doing the certification quest for alchemy it will give you three quest markers to go find the ingredients for a sip of health. The quest markers will lead you to natural water, columbine, and mountain flower. Some people mess up and eat the flowers before doing the quest and then can't find any more. Others craft the potion before going back and talking to Danel and so @198MB88when it's time to create the potion in the quest line, your ingredients are used. However, columbine and mountain flower are not the only ingredient combination that can be used to make a health potion. If you somehow use up your ingredients before you're supposed to, I've listed other combinations here.

Remember he's asking for a SIP of health. To make a SIP of anything requires natural water, so make sure you use NATURAL water.

Other combinations to go with the water:

Blue Entoloma & Butterfly Wing
    Blue Entoloma & Columbine
    Blue Entoloma & Luminous Russula
    Blue Entoloma & Mountain Flower
    Blue Entoloma & Water Hyacinth
    Bugloss & Butterfly Wing
    Bugloss & Luminous Russula
    Bugloss & Mountain Flower
    Bugloss & Water Hyacinth
    Butterfly Wing & Columbine
    Butterfly Wing & Luminous Russula
    Butterfly Wing & Mountain Flower
    Butterfly Wing & Water Hyacinth
    Columbine & Luminous Russula
    Columbine & Water Hyacinth
    Luminous Russula & Water Hyacinth
    Mountain Flower & Water Hyacinth

So if you use up the stuff you collected at the quest markers, see if you have any of these other ingredients. As long as the end result is a sip of health you will fulfill the requirements of the quest.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While most people will probably come in here bashing about this being a necro post, I'm always encouraged when I see people actually searching and/or looking through old posts to see if a "new" topic is actually something that's been around for ages.

And, let's be honest, even old crafting conundrums will continue to arise from time to time when new players start the game for the first time.

Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)