Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please help!

genetxcs
genetxcs
Soul Shriven
Ok so I started playing the other day, I'm really trying to learn this game but a few things aren't really clear. Ok to begin with I want to be a sorcerer with high does/Damage because my group already has a tank and healer, so my first question is how does damage scale? For example I am currently almost rank ten and my spell damage is 263 and my weapon damage is 263..so what makes these go up as I level is it just putting points in magica or what? Also if you could please give me a basic build to use to get me in the right direction that would be great, please list which abilities I should get and which to morph them into, and also any other tips you can give would help a lot. I'm on Xbox one btw
  • genetxcs
    genetxcs
    Soul Shriven
    High dps "
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are two types of damage. Spell damage and weapon damage.

spelledamage is done by staves, staffskills and by (most) classskills. This is scaled by your amount of magica.
    Weapon damage is done by all other weapons and scales from your amount of stamina.

so if your weapon damage is as high as your spell damage, you are spreading your points too much. The first step in dps is deciding to go with stamina or magica. Cause spreading means the dps is lower on either kind of damage, it is better to choose one.

so either go for stamina and use a cleaving/stabbing weapon like bow, sword, axe or greatsword (e.g.) or go for magica and use a (destruction) staff. If you use magica, the skills to use are the class skills and the staff skills. If you use stamina, then it is better to stick to the weaponskills and use the class skills for support.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • genetxcs
    genetxcs
    Soul Shriven
    Ok thanks so much, which abilities would you recommend getting because currently I'm using crystal fragments, endless fury, overload as my ultimate, and boundless storm for the speed boost to get around faster, also with the destruction staff what abilities should I get for that? Like it has destuctive touch and wall of elements etc
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For destro, Force Shock (2nd skill) Wall of elements will do until you get Impulse (last skill). You're on the right track with crystal frags (make sure you get the instant cast proc morph) and Mages Fury. Also Liquid Lightning is a good stationary aoe when you get it. Oh and Velocious Curse (summoning line) and the Atronach ultimate can be handy, too.

There are crafted sets that will help out with your magicka regen and spell damage. Seducer, Torug's pact, Magnus and Eyes of Mara are all decent options. Dropped sets as well but that will come later for you.

*adding...don't ignore the Mages Guild skills either, some very useful stuff in there and also the Light Armor skill Annulment which morphs into Harness Magicka is a good shield and helps out your healer since you are a member of the Squishy Club :)
    Edited by Xendyn on June 14, 2015 5:19PM
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA