Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Selling food items

Zephyr01
Zephyr01
✭✭
I've only been playing a few days so my inventory is very small - and so is my Bank - but I'm always finding food and beverage items that I'm not interested in keeping or using. Where can I sell them?
I've cooked a few things but never use them - or should I be using them? I'm more into Alchemy for making potions.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The foods/potions you pick up are not as good as crafted potions. It will help you out if you always have a food active, and you may want to get used to using potions as they help a lot when you are a higher level.

If you are crafting your own potions/food, use those and vendor the sub-par stuff you find in the world. The ones you loot are not worth selling to other players.

If you are wanting to sell your crafted items, find a guild to join and hopefully they will have a store that you can put items up for sale in.

If you need more details or have more questions, reply back and ensure to include @missbizz so it notifies me and I can find the thread again ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    Yes, I want to sell my sub-par food/beverages but there doesn't seem to be a vendor who will buy them - even if they bought 5 for 1gold it'd be better than nothing. And I wouldn't have to stop every few yards in a dungeon and destroy all the unwanted stuff I've looted and can't sell.

I presume you're talking about the Quick Slots? Hopeless! By the time I've bought up the Wheel, located the potion, clicked the button and then clicked it again, I'm dead. The Quick Slots are FAR from a one click cure.
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to vendor (sell) anything that you make at a merchant (look for the weighted scale icon) or any armorer, blacksmith,clothier etc. Just hit the Sell icon in the menu when interacting with them. This will work until you join a large guild and can sell to members or if they have a Kiosk (remote location) sell there. You access the guild trader at any banker.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I want to sell my sub-par food/beverages but there doesn't seem to be a vendor who will buy them - even if they bought 5 for 1gold it'd be better than nothing. And I wouldn't have to stop every few yards in a dungeon and destroy all the unwanted stuff I've looted and can't sell.

I presume you're talking about the Quick Slots? Hopeless! By the time I've bought up the Wheel, located the potion, clicked the button and then clicked it again, I'm dead. The Quick Slots are FAR from a one click cure.

Oh, the food that's worth 0 gold? Destroy them. I know its annoying.

And oh quick slots.. He he.. No need to tell me. I have made entire threads about how slow the quick slot is. What may be useful. Is whatever potion you use the most, select it.. So then from then on all you have to do is click the button to use it (if using the same potion you don't need to open the wheel and select it again. But yeah, huge pain, I feel ya.

If you are on Pc I can recommend some addons to make it better.
    Edited by MissBizz on June 14, 2015 3:49AM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also concerning Potions, Once you can craft the tri-pots, potions that restore all three attributes (magic, health, stamina) you will need fewer types of potions. Make a stack of 30 or 40, put them in one of your Q slots. leave the wheel on that potion. Hit Q when in need.
    Member~ NZAD
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SLy_Kyti wrote: »
    Also concerning Potions, Once you can craft the tri-pots, potions that restore all three attributes (magic, health, stamina) you will need fewer types of potions. Make a stack of 30 or 40, put them in one of your Q slots. leave the wheel on that potion. Hit Q when in need.

Yes. Completely agree. I believe you will need to level up alchemy far enough to unlock the passive to use 3 reagents before you can craft tripots though.
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    I'm on console.

Yeah, it's a real shame having to destroy all the useless stuff. I don't like waste, IRL or in game, lol. I've found it's easier to not Auto Loot.

Yes, I've found that the last potion slot I used will still be available. I just have to keep it topped up.

Oh, Tri-Potions. Can't wait 'till I get to that moment.

Thanks for the help folks, I appreciate it.
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on console.

Yeah, it's a real shame having to destroy all the useless stuff. I don't like waste, IRL or in game, lol. I've found it's easier to not Auto Loot.

Yes, I've found that the last potion slot I used will still be available. I just have to keep it topped up.

Oh, Tri-Potions. Can't wait 'till I get to that moment.

Thanks for the help folks, I appreciate it.

Once you join a guild they will have 500 bank slots, I'm sure any extra stuff you put in there as far as Materials or potions would be used. Since like myself you're what I like to call "parsimonious". Save everything.
    Member~ NZAD
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    Once you join a guild they will have 500 bank slots, I'm sure any extra stuff you put in there as far as Materials or potions would be used. Since like myself you're what I like to call "parsimonious". Save everything.

Is that opposed to the Mage and/or Fighters Guild?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that opposed to the Mage and/or Fighters Guild?

Yes, the very helpful @SLy_Kyti is referring to player guilds that you can join. Guilds will allow you to meet and play with likeminded players, sell items if they have a guild store, buy items, and generally have a fun group to run and socialize with!