The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Horrible Lag and Crashing

ravenousvash
ravenousvash
Soul Shriven
Every single night for 3 days now I either can't log in but when I can log in, it's horrible lag, and eventually get a CE-34878-0 error and crash to the PSN home. I would really like to play a game I paid $60 for and subscribed to ESO Plus for what appears to be no reason. Any chance at playing tonight or what? Jesus.
  • dan_1591rwb17_ESO
    dan_1591rwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Im getting the same lag, mainly in PvP and the game just crashed for the first time.
  • Kazzy56
    Kazzy56
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 EU

Lag occurs in high traffic areas and is not a game issue, its a server issue and yes lag will crash the game unfortunately. :(Weekends tend to be very busy times I'm afraid.
    Sorry you are having such probs fellas. But don't give up, you will be missing out on so much fun!! :p
    Young at heart. Slightly older in other places.
    PS4 player.
    If everything was perfect there would be nothing to strive for.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably not going to get better.

PC has been dealing with massive lag issues in PvP since like patch 1.2. And they only get worse with each subsequent patch.
  • nitsua14
    nitsua14
    This is the exact same thing that is happening to me. As soon as I get logged in (when that actually happens) the game won't let me interact with anything and then seconds later I get kicked with the CE-34878-0 error. I tried all the recommended fixes such as re-installing the game and even initializing my PS4 entirely, and nothing has worked. After spending all the money I spent on this game, I'd sure love to be able to play it.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    There are some tips on this page that seem like they would be helpful (related to error CE-34878-0.)

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5111/~/ps4:-error-codes

Have you tried those troubleshooting steps? (@nitsua14, sounds like you have?)
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • nitsua14
    nitsua14
    There are some tips on this page that seem like they would be helpful (related to error CE-34878-0.)

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5111/~/ps4:-error-codes

I have. That's the link I used to figure out what to try. Nothing seems to work. It's always the same thing. Even tried switching over to the EU server just to see if that would make any difference, but still the same error.
  • Izzy4Shizzy
    Izzy4Shizzy
    Soul Shriven
    Omg this C-34878-0 is driving me crazy, i thought i was one of the only ones because google wasnt helping me. Ive tried EVERYTHING on that list, something isnt happening the way it's supposed to. Ive initialized, i dont own a camera, ive reinstalled the game, ive brought back the game to gamestop to exchange because maybe the disc wasnt good... ive redownloaded the stupid 15gig patch like 4 times, connected directly to internet and wifi... and on powersave.

My thoughts: It seems to happen alot for me during prime time (est, so anywhere after like 3-4pm) i start to get one here and there. Late nights (11pm-midnight onward) seems to go smooth and early mornings. Ps4 techs are useless, because right off the bat i say the error code and they say "Let me go research this" and thats a let down off the go. Ive done everything and from my research on games that this code has happened to it seems: The stability of the game. Because most of those games got patched and started working i do believe. This game is great and i just wanna play! By the way, first game ive ever gotten this code on, besides diablo 3 once but it only happened once, this game has gotten it 20-30+
  • Urnbak
    Urnbak
    I'm not getting any error just ctd many times, and the game even says it's an internal error so i know it's not my end.

It's at it's worse when trying to create another character.

Oh and bad lag (but no lag on PC version) get a better server Zenimax :)
    Edited by Urnbak on June 14, 2015 10:28PM
  • PlantersLogi
    PlantersLogi
    ✭✭

Can you please tell the people you work for that they need to either fix their servers or invest in better ones. The problem is squarely with ZOS
  • derwin0
    derwin0

Can you please tell the people you work for that they need to either fix their servers or invest in better ones. The problem is squarely with ZOS
    Definately, but they think it's easier to blame Sony and/or everyones hardware, even though ever PS4 is the exact same (with exceptions to HDD size in some cases). Multiple reports of it happening to people only when running Elder Scrolls Online, yet ZOS blames Sony.
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    RACE: Dunmer (Dark Elf)
    Server: NA (North America)
    Client: PS4
    PSN: Derwin0

Due to frequent crashes, I asked PSN for a refund. I might rebuy the game if they ever get their act together.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh ... does Sony own and provide the ESO servers !?
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend