Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Woodworking problem.

05Griz
05Griz
Hi all, I am a little confused with the woodworking skill.

I attempted to make an oak bow & it said I needed to be level 2 to do this. When I checked my woodworking skill level, it was 7. Am I missing something?

Thanks.
I miss my Wife. But my aim is getting better.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have taken a couple of beers so sry for bad answer, but lvl 2 might be in the skill point you invest they mean? You can be lvl 50 and still cant craft.. you need to invest skillpoints into crafting. :)
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is poorly explained in-game, and a lot of folks have been tripped up by this.

Most of the crafting skills have a passive that starts at 1/9 that allows you to increase the power of what you can make with that skill. In woodworking, 1/9 lets you work with maple (you start with that), and 2/9 lets you work with oak and so on.

If you find an in-game motif, it may have a similar restriction phrased as "having a 7, (or 8 or 9) skill in (clothier or whatever)"; it means that 9-potential point passive.

That being said, if you are doing crafting writs you do NOT want to go up too fast with that passive, as the number relates to the zone you will be required to deliver to. Since zone 2 requires about 15th level - it's not a good idea (or easy) to deliver that with a low level character (not to mention the fact that you find raw materials in any given zone roughly equivalent to that zone i.e. maple in Auridon and Daggerfall and so on).
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    05Griz wrote: »
    Hi all, I am a little confused with the woodworking skill.

I attempted to make an oak bow & it said I needed to be level 2 to do this. When I checked my woodworking skill level, it was 7. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

There are several Passives that allow you to craft gear that is a specific level of gear. For instance you want to craft level 1 through level 14 woodworking gear (bows, staffs) this would require the first Rank of woodworking which is Maple.
    Rank two is Oak, Oak is for gear levels 15 to 24.
    You unlock these passive skills (passive means they don't need to be on your hot bar and clicked on to use) inside your Crafting Skill menu.

As you progress in Woodworking your "overall level" in the skill of woodworking increases, such as you are now at SKILL level 7. Each 10 or so levels in Skill allows you to unlock more passives. Each requiring a skill point to unlock.
    Please check out a few crafting websites for more info such as>>
    http://eso-fashion.com/crafting-guide-woodworking/
    Edited by SLy_Kyti on June 14, 2015 12:00AM
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • 05Griz
    05Griz
    Thankyou for all the helpful replies, cheers
    I miss my Wife. But my aim is getting better.