Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do I do with Collectible items?

Lekinok
Lekinok
Soul Shriven
I play on a PS4 and I can't figure out what to do with these collectible items, such as the Razor-Edged Mandible and Magnificent Bat Pelt. The only information I've been able to find online is that I must "use" these items in order to achieve trophies and dyes. Yet when I click the Actions button for the item the only options that appear are "Destroy," or "Get Help." Am I just supposed to destroy these items?

Best Answers

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The collectibles do get destroyed when you 'use' them, but I do not think you want to choose 'destroy'. That will likely just destroy the item without giving you credit for it. If there is no 'use' option, it might be a game bug. You should contact customer support. In the meantime, hang onto those items. Collectible drops are subject to RNG, and can be VERY difficult to get. Otherwise, it seems you have grasped the basics of collectibles. Here is a link to a very helpful forum thread on collectibles.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/129559/collectible-achievement-guide-spoiler-alert/p1
    Edited by Ourorboros on June 14, 2015 3:13PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Buck
    Buck
    ✭✭✭
    If they are un-clickable then check your Achievements/Trophies section to see if you have already used it.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • whoa_dammitub17_ESO
    Mine will not "use" either. I've tried quickslotting them and using from inventory- nothing...Going to wait and see if it gets fixed.
    Die in battle and go to Valhalla
    Options
  • cenzo
    cenzo
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same issue. Have chattering skull and bat pelt but can't do a thing with them.
    Options
  • Lekinok
    Lekinok
    Soul Shriven
    Buck wrote: »
    If they are un-clickable then check your Achievements/Trophies section to see if you have already used it.

OK Buck, good call. So I checked my Achievements tab in my Journal and scrolled down to Trophies. I clicked on it and under the "General" section it shows the various trophies and your progress toward them. While looking at the "Chitin Accumulator" trophy, it shows me that I already have the Razor-Edged Mandible and the Polished Shell Shard checked off. Just to be sure, I destroyed my Polished Shell Shard. It remained checked off under my trophies tab.

Long story short, yes, you can simply destroy Collectible items.
    Options
  • Osirael
    Osirael
    Thanks for finding that out for us.
    Options
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a report of this being bugged, so don't destroy an item until you have verified you already have it in the Journal
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

Options
  • whoa_dammitub17_ESO
    Picked up the luminescent blood sac last night- having the same issue with it and the durzog hide. Neither are showing up in my achievements and both are unusable
    Die in battle and go to Valhalla
    Options
  • MrSuplex
    MrSuplex
    ✭✭
    I have the Imp's Effigy and also cannot use it in any way. Should I just sell it?
    Options
  • ilove2bpyro
    ilove2bpyro
    Soul Shriven
    Okay:

1) Check if the trophy is checked in your achievements tab.

2) If it is, sell it or destroy it.

3) If it's not checked, wait for later patches but keep it.
    Options