The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unusually long wait time infinite loading screen xbox one

PowerFlush1988
PowerFlush1988
Soul Shriven
I am in the wailing prison, and just went into the door to find the prophet. It displayed a loading screen that said, "this may be an unusually long load time". I waited for 45 minutes and nothing happened. I turned off the xbox and went to bed. I tried again this morning, and it was still on the SAME loading screen! I took the game out and put it back in, turned the xbox on and off, but nothing. How do I log out to try and log back in if I'm stuck on the endless loading screen?
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...contact Customer Support so they can start troubleshooting for you.
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • PowerFlush1988
    PowerFlush1988
    Soul Shriven
    If I uninstall then reinstall the game will my character be saved to my ESO account or will that destroy everything I've done so far?
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe try the repair option before uninstalling........

and your character should be saved.
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • PowerFlush1988
    PowerFlush1988
    Soul Shriven
    How do I repair?
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crap!

Really sorry I have no idea if consoles have a repair option, I have done a quick search and cannot find an answer.

Your best option is to contact customer support......

Or maybe some one who knows might answer.

Also this would be much better being in your appropriate support section, the mods will pick up on it easier there. :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Yattaq
    Yattaq
    ✭✭✭
    Characters are saved on their servers so no worries there. Why not just close the game from the xbox dashboard though?
  • PowerFlush1988
    PowerFlush1988
    Soul Shriven
    How do I close it from the dashboard? I only just bought it so I am not too familiar yet
  • Yattaq
    Yattaq
    ✭✭✭
    Just like any other game, I haven't used an xbox too much but I think if you push the "Start" button over an open app you should get the option to close it.
  • Cyrdiniian
    I am getting this too. Not 45 minutes thankfully but long enough to be annoying. Xbox One also.

PC character exported to XBOX ONE -
    XBOX ONE profile name - hagmonsta
    Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim veteran
    ESO PC Beta Tester
    Go easy on me...MMORPG noob!
  • AGuyNamedPepsi
    AGuyNamedPepsi
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue on PS4, takes forever to load
  • ZOS_KevinO
    ZOS_KevinO
    ✭✭✭
    Hey,
    this post has been moved from the General Discussion section to Xbox One Technical Support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • deemar10
    deemar10
    Soul Shriven
    I've ran into this issue now as well. Before this happened characters for quests were not visible and I could not interact with them.
  • Cyrdiniian
    It seemed to begin after I had entered Cyrodiil for the first time and then went back to my questing in Morrowind. I don't know if that helps however before that it always loaded very quickly. It also seems to be only at some Wayshrines that it takes a long time to load, not others. Moving into different areas through doors or into caves etc seems to be a fast as ever.

PC character exported to XBOX ONE -
    XBOX ONE profile name - hagmonsta
    Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim veteran
    ESO PC Beta Tester
    Go easy on me...MMORPG noob!
  • McgHamma
    McgHamma
    Soul Shriven
    I am yet to be able to get past the initial loading screen. I've tried numerous times over the last 2 days and have waited up to an hour with no success.