Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Selling Question

idon91
idon91
So I'm level 7 (Xbox One) and recently acquired a Dreugh Wax (Legendary crafting mat) from a writ and was wondering how I go about selling this to other players. I am unfamiliar with the auction system in eso, does it work like WoW? I found a few 'guild traders' in one of my cities which looked like auction vendors but I didn't have permission to sell. Also there was more than one? I believe I need to join the guild of that particular guild trader so was wondering how to do that?

Side question: I came across a group boss in the world, when I went to Social -> Group -> Find Group the only option related to this world boss was the join 'world group', but the options available are just for the zones. If I pick the zone the boss and myself are in will that group me with players near me? Seems like it would but it might put me with players who are in the same zone but at a different world boss for instance? Seems like a hassle, is there a way to specify what a group is for? Like make it a lot more local than just the zone?
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I was you and you are extremely lucky btw to get a Dreugh Wax from a writ at that level?!!, normally they drop on level 3 minimum rewards for handing in that type of writ, or by decon with decon passives unlocked, so you are incredibly lucky..

My advice is to stock them up, either use them for your own operations as it seems you are into crafting, (imo way better having a couple of characters who are max level on all crafting professions, rather than securing crafters to do it for you and costing a lot)

If to address the other things you said, if you do wanna sell them, regarding guild kiosks, you can browse, you can buy, but you cannot sell in them, unless you are a member of that guild.

You can join up to 5 guilds, including one you can create on your own.

And try selling in zone, typically goes for 7.5k on PC/EU although the prices fluctuate a lot, from 6.5k onwards.
    I would say to use Master Merchant or Price Tracker Updated which are musts for trading, but you guys sadly do not get addons hehe.

And for joining guilds, keep a eye out on um however you guys communicate on consoles, or by checking guild recruitment pages on the forums here.

Can`t help you with the grouping thing, its bugged on PC and tbh never used it, any PvE stuff like vet dungeons or Trials, I do with friends or guildies.
    Edited by SHADOW2KK on June 13, 2015 10:20AM
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 2 ways of selling things in ESO:

1) Offer it for sale to anyone around you, and then sell it through the mail system using the C.O.D. system (Cash On Delivery, meaning you're not just sending your gold/items off and trusting the other person not to receive them, block you and log off).

2) Sell them within your guild. This is by direct sale rather than auction but otherwise seems similar to WoW's system to me (it's pretty much identical to Guild Wars 2's system). If your guild has a trader then anyone who visits that trader can buy from you, if not then it's only your guild members.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • remedios17
    remedios17
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you have to join a guild in order to be able to use their store for selling. Maybe ask in zone chat or so for an invite. Once you joined a guild with a trader, you have 30 slots to upload things you want to sell at a time. If you sell 1, you can upload 1 more.

As for the group finder, you might have a better chance yet again if you use zone chat or so, or just wait and someone will pop up at the boss.

(this is all PC though)
    Edited by remedios17 on June 13, 2015 10:27AM
    Guildmaster of the Order of the Magna Ge - social guild EP EU with 200+ members from all levels, all over the world, forming a nice relaxed, friendly - and a bit crazy - community - check us out at orderofthemagnage.guildlaunch.com or whisper me in game.
  • idon91
    idon91
    On consoles there is no zone chat, no WTB, WTS, LFG or anything just sweet silence but its difficult to arrange a group or find guild invites. The only option I have when I go to the Guild section in the menu is create guild and I have to be level 10 I think. Is there like a 'search guild' option that appears when I reach level 10 or do I need to just find the ID of a guild master somehow and ask them for an invite? (May be console thing only)

Also can I 'max' all the professions on one character? Is it like WoW were you only pick 2 main ones? And what advantage would maxing all prof's on other characters bring? Is it something to do with the goblin that brings you a box of mats every day or something:P and the extra dailies you can do? Thanks for replies.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idon91 wrote: »
    On consoles there is no zone chat, no WTB, WTS, LFG or anything just sweet silence but its difficult to arrange a group or find guild invites. The only option I have when I go to the Guild section in the menu is create guild and I have to be level 10 I think. Is there like a 'search guild' option that appears when I reach level 10 or do I need to just find the ID of a guild master somehow and ask them for an invite? (May be console thing only)

Also can I 'max' all the professions on one character? Is it like WoW were you only pick 2 main ones? And what advantage would maxing all prof's on other characters bring? Is it something to do with the goblin that brings you a box of mats every day or something:P and the extra dailies you can do? Thanks for replies.

Jeez, aye thats uhhh problematic regarding the comms side of things, omg hehe.

You can if you want max all the professions on one character, but tbh and imo its a waste of skill points, many, including myself have a couple of chars that deal with crafting on all the professions, e.g my old main is a master crafter on blacksmithing/wood/clothing to Vr14, knows all traits, all styes, and my newish main knows all the enchanting/provisioning and alchemy, so between them I can do anything I want and have skill points spare to put into stuff I wanna do.
    That also includes me doing crafting stuff for people and making a good bit of gold doing so

There is a lot of skill points from some quests, some dungeons, and PvP ranks, and if you really wanna do a mastah crafter on one char, then by all means.

But when in early game you need every single skill point as possible while you are fleshing your build out.

And regarding the hirelings, put skill points into maxing the hirelings on all professions, good way of making gold and stocking up on good mats.

You can level up professions without putting in any skill points into them at all, and just doing the hirelings, especially if you are spanning crafting across 2 or more characters.

But it is a pain although profitable doing dailies on writs on other characters hehe.
    Edited by SHADOW2KK on June 13, 2015 10:43AM
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I slightly disagree with shadow2kk bout storing the item (allthough I totally see where he is coming from).

It depends a lot on what your long term and short term goals are.

Keep in mind that the wax is something you likely want in the future. Selling now and buying it later means you will need to pay the fees for selling.

A second thing you have to keep in mind is that the economy on consoles hasn't settled yet. So it is also important to check the price on the xbox compared with the price on the PC. although no garantee, it is likely to settle over time to the price on the pc. I really don't have a clue wether or not it is overprized or not (I'm on the pc, in ED - EU. my MM addon is saying 5149 gold average with 31 sales). There likely has been a good amount of people transfering from pc, meaning there is a solid supply for the wax. That would mean lower prices. Also people who transferred likely got the armor they need and the new players don't need it yet.
    On the other hand, cause not many people reached the higher levels yet, it will be a much rarer item. So it could have gone either way. Really something to check out. If it is much higher then on the pc. Sell it now, even if you have to rebuy it later, the price will be settled down. If the price is significant lower, it is much wiser to keep it cause it will only go up.

The last factor is wether or not you need the money right now. If you are saving e.g. to buy a mount, this might bring you a good part of the way. Is it worth it taking the loss later when you have to buy them yourself??

So lots of things to consider. Hope this helps
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • idon91
    idon91
    I'll sell it if joining a guild on console doesn't take too much effort/time and I can get maybe 10k for it (alot of legendary mats I checked are selling for 15k, if are actually bought I do not know). If I don't sell I can hold on to it sure. I have 2k gold atm and don't really buy much stuff, I'd rather run about and find mats than use a mount so I don't really need gold right now.