Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Treasure Trolls

Darkxxxdrag0n
First im going to say treasure trolls are [snip], stop waiting for someone to pick the lock on an intermediate or expert lock then stealing their items! I don't do it to anyone where's the good karma. When i hear you over the headset giggling like a school girl cuz you know it pissed me off the least you can do is open a trade screen and give it to the person who earned the item!

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Language]
Edited by ZOS_Racheal on June 27, 2015 12:27AM
  • septvestige
    septvestige
    ✭✭
    I didn't know this can happen. It's very sad if it can.
    You miss the lol button? It has been taken away for a reason. And the reason is how people used it for bash others who didn't share their opinion.
  • Darkxxxdrag0n
    Yea if you pick a lock and back out to discard an item someone can run in and take said item, their are also chests that you can have multiple people in it and take items as well

1) one person can be in one if they back out they take a chance ie like ive done twice now :/

2) dungeon chests that everyone can raid and take what they want so if your not fast enough youll lose out
  • TyCobbBA365
    Happened to me just last night. Luckily I got to take the gold and still got credit for opening/looting the chest for the achievement, but I missed out on a green staff that someone stole. The staff would have just been deconstructed nevertheless.
  • Pman85
    Pman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take what you want first time. If you back out of the chest when your the first person to open it and you lose an item then it seems to be your fault.
    Guildmaster - Order of Stendarr [XB1] - Apply today!

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's....Ride the walrus!

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea if you pick a lock and back out to discard an item someone can run in and take said item, their are also chests that you can have multiple people in it and take items as well

1) one person can be in one if they back out they take a chance ie like ive done twice now :/

2) dungeon chests that everyone can raid and take what they want so if your not fast enough youll lose out

No this shouldn't happen.... /bug it ;)
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing it works the same on console as PC, so chests are a renewable resource that everyone has access to. If you are opening a chest, no one else has access to it until you exit it. If you open a chest with a full inventory and other players around, it is on you to lose the items. Just because you open a chest, it does not belong to you. From a certain perspective, looting a chest from another player may be rude, but it is not against COC. If you don't want to lose items from a chest, either make sure you have room in your bag before you open it, or don't open it with other players around. Honestly, most chests have such paltry rewards, is it really that big a deal? The person opening the chest gets the two best things out of them, the XP and the gold. As to the shared dungeon chests, much like the dolmen chests, I'm pretty sure the reward is instanced to each player. Your share cannot be looted by other players.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Darkxxxdrag0n
    Im aware of what your saying but sometimes just sometimes its hard to know if your inventories full before you loot a chest i might have 1 slot available but the chest may offer 4 items i take the best kne if auto loot was on, and im aware of dungeon chests and that doesnt concern me tbh i expect that going in!
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you got it wrong m8

first of all, open world chests are solo chests, that means only one person can loot them.

dungeon and trial chests are group chest, everyone can loot them and not just pick the good things in them, its random drops for everyone
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There used to be a bug where someone could snatch the loot from a chest even if you didn't back out of the inventory. If they just spammed (E) on the chest while you were picking it they had a chance to get the loot the moment you unlock the chest.

:neutral:
  • Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    I would steal the loot in a heartbeat. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
  • Pman85
    Pman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    ever since this thread, i have been trying it. not going to lie. out of the 10 i have come across i have looted 0 items from them lol. It seems hard as hell to do what the OP is talking about.
    Guildmaster - Order of Stendarr [XB1] - Apply today!

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's....Ride the walrus!

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pman85 wrote: »
    ever since this thread, i have been trying it. not going to lie. out of the 10 i have come across i have looted 0 items from them lol. It seems hard as hell to do what the OP is talking about.
    It's only possible if the person who unlocks the chest exits the chest container pop-up without taking all the items, and then somebody else is right behind them waiting for that exact moment to loot the chest themselves. It's theoretically a rare occurrence, but it can still happen.

UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say it starts out commonplace and increases with rarity as you progress through content. I think it takes a bit of time for people to realize the majority of chest items are just decon material or vendor trash.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • landotronic
    landotronic
    Soul Shriven
    Happened to me yesterday. Didn't know my inventory was almost full when I unlocked a chest. Backed out to clear up some space for remaining items and some person swooped in and syole the remaining contents. It was just rubbish left in the chest anyways so I wasn't too upset, but still, that was my rubbish ;) !
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel for you console players. We PCers have add-ons to help out. I use one that shows my inventory count on my screen, so I always know how many slots are available. We have begged ZOS since the beginning to make things like this available as options, to no avail. You guys can'f even use our work-arounds. :'(
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • FenrisTheWolf
    FenrisTheWolf
    Soul Shriven
    Artemiisia wrote: »

you got it wrong m8

first of all, open world chests are solo chests, that means only one person can loot them.

dungeon and trial chests are group chest, everyone can loot them and not just pick the good things in them, its random drops for everyone

Thanks @Artemiisia that clears it up for me, I observed both of these things happen in the last few days and I was wondering about that.
    Main: Imperial DragonKnight Tank - Ebonheart Pact - Xbox One - NA
    Guilds: Fool's Errand & Wolves of Wraithwinter - Primary PvX | Serpent Raiders - Social