Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

passive abilities

Adam9O
Adam9O
Soul Shriven
Do I need to assign a ability on fighters guild like silver bolts, to be able to get the effect of the slayer passive ability? Or does the slayer passive ability work without the need of a activity ability? Thanks in advance
  • remedios17
    remedios17
    ✭✭✭
    If it says so in the passive description then yes, but if I remember correctly those passives work without the need to slot FG abilities.
    Guildmaster of the Order of the Magna Ge - social guild EP EU with 200+ members from all levels, all over the world, forming a nice relaxed, friendly - and a bit crazy - community - check us out at orderofthemagnage.guildlaunch.com or whisper me in game.
  • Adam9O
    Adam9O
    Soul Shriven
    Ok thanks.

Seems like nobody knows for sure. I read a few links before asking on here and it was 50/50 some said yes and some said no. Hopefully someone will post on here who knows for sure.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It varies between abilities but it's always explained in their description.

Compare Slayer, which simply says "Increases Weapon and Spell Damage by 3% when attacking Daedrea and undead." with Skilled Tracker, which says "WHILE USING FIGHTERS GUILD ABILITIES. Allows your Fighters Guild abilities that affect Daedra and undead to also affect werewolves."

There are also some passives that only work when you're using certain items. Mainly the weapon and armour ones. (For example all the dual wield passives only work while you're dual wielding.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as the passive does not have requisites, eg two hander abilities wielded, when using dual wield abilities, than that passive is open for you regardless of weapon and skill line abilities.

In regards to your question though, no you dont need the guild 's ability to 'activate' that passive. But do note the bonus applies only to undead and daedra, werewolves when unlock more of the fighter's guild.

Hope this helps
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!