Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to get a group, or join a group, to do a dungeon?

DLouis
DLouis
Soul Shriven
I have been trying for days to get in a group to do several of the Group Dungeons. I see in chat that other people are looking for people to go to the same place but when I say I will go I get no reply. When I ask in chat if any one wants to group together I get no reply. I'm a level 50 V1 Dark Elf Sorcerer so I don't think I am that weak (they are scaled anyway) so I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Do I need to be in a Guild? I thought the premise was people could get together and take on bigger bosses but it doesn't look like the majority want to do that. Any ideas?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One simple thing that stopped me from getting any response in chat was having Tells turned off, because no one can send you a response. Make sure that is enabled.

Now, it is easier to find groups with a Guild. Finding groups in Zone chat is not too hard if you are in the zone for the level you are, but higher or lower level zones will be more of an issue. Although, people in lower levels tend to like having a VR around when doing Group Dungeons.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest not reply in /zone chat, but replying by a PM. Make sure you say you are a VR1 sorcerer and your role (dps, tank or healer, sorcerer will typically be expected as dps).

Also understand the system. The dungeon instance is scaled for the person entering it. So if you are VR1 and you join a VR10 party, you will be of limited use and gain nothing out of it.

If you are VR1 and join a level 20 party, you will take all the loot, making it impossible for the others to contribute enough.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    I would suggest not reply in /zone chat, but replying by a PM. Make sure you say you are a VR1 sorcerer and your role (dps, tank or healer, sorcerer will typically be expected as dps).

Also understand the system. The dungeon instance is scaled for the person entering it. So if you are VR1 and you join a VR10 party, you will be of limited use and gain nothing out of it.

If you are VR1 and join a level 20 party, you will take all the loot, making it impossible for the others to contribute enough.

To clarify, dungeon scaling applies to group leader. So if your group leader is v1 you'll get a v1 dungeon. Group leader's v5, you get a v5 dungeon. Group leader's v10, you get a v10 dungeon and so on.

Also as of patch 2.0.10:
    •Grouped Veteran Rank player characters of any level will now receive both experience and loot credit, regardless of their contribution.

So as a v1 grouped with v10s, while true you may not be performing as well as your higher level counterparts, you should still receive xp and loot.
    Edited by Fruitmass on June 12, 2015 4:15PM
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...