The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guild quests

JamieIrving1234
Do you only get one guild quest per city becuase i dont get many???
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The guild quests are based on your level with the guild. As you progress doing certain things raises the level. For instance, finding lore books (shiny blue books mostly) will raise your level with the Mages guild.
  • JamieIrving1234
    S

The guild quests are based on your level with the guild. As you progress doing certain things raises the level. For instance, finding lore books (shiny blue books mostly) will raise your level with the Mages guild.

So if i level up my guild levels ill get more quests? And are their pther ways of level the guild levels?
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    S

So if i level up my guild levels ill get more quests? And are their pther ways of level the guild levels?

Fighters guild will raise in certain public dungeons ( I think I remember it did)
    Mages guild is mainly the lorebooks. If you grab every lorebook, you will hit lvl 10 in the mages guild and get that sexy ice comet by the v6 zone. It can be done faster I think but I don't know how.
  • JamieIrving1234
    S

Fighters guild will raise in certain public dungeons ( I think I remember it did)
    Mages guild is mainly the lorebooks. If you grab every lorebook, you will hit lvl 10 in the mages guild and get that sexy ice comet by the v6 zone. It can be done faster I think but I don't know how.

Do you know if any other guidls are getting added to the game? I heard there adding the dark brotherhood
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue with the Guild Quests are, getting to where they want you to go. It is possible to finish up the Mages Guild by L30, if you can port to the cities in the higher level zones that the game has not sent you to yet. It is very difficult to finish the Fighters until you are in the high 30's low 40's because of where you have to go.

However, the main reason you joined the Guilds are the Skills and Passives. Those unlock independently of the guild quests for the most part. So, if you want to level Fighters, just kill Deadra and Undead, if you want to level Mages, find the Lore Books. Note, you won't max out the Mages through Lore Books until well into the Silver content after you do Coldharbor.

I have gotten characters to 10 in Fighters before doing any of the quests.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is only a few quests in the Mage and Fighter's Guild questlines in general there is one in each of your Alliance's zones.

You get those as you reach the right level, there are no extra quests just the ones mentioned above.

As @coryevans_3b14_ESO said lore books help level Mages Guild skill lines...

For Fighters Guild doing Dolmens and I believe killing certain enemies helps level that skill line.

Fighter's Guild is fairly easy to max out, Mages Guild can take for ever if you miss too many Lore Books.
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    S

Do you know if any other guidls are getting added to the game? I heard there adding the dark brotherhood

Thieves guild and Dark Brotherhood have been discussed in the past and should be in the game Soon (tm)
    (by the way, the Soon(tm) thing is a play on ZOS saying soon for things. Soon could mean any amount of time or never).

In this case though, the justice system is part of a phasing in process of the thieves guild. The Dark Brotherhood on the other hand I know is planned, but absolutely no idea how far down the line that will be.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fighters levels from killing Undead and Daedra, so it does not matter where they are. Public Dungeons tend to have more of them so it can happen faster in those places that have Daedra and Undead.

Undaunted only levels from completing Group Dungeons, with one exception, the Group Challenge Boss in a Public Dungeon. Pledges I think also levels Undaunted, but I have yet to do any of those.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Fighters levels from killing Undead and Daedra, so it does not matter where they are. Public Dungeons tend to have more of them so it can happen faster in those places that have Daedra and Undead.

Undaunted only levels from completing Group Dungeons, with one exception, the Group Challenge Boss in a Public Dungeon. Pledges I think also levels Undaunted, but I have yet to do any of those.

Ahhhh that's what it was. Now I remember dolmens doing it, and ya must have been because the dungeons I was in had more daedra. Thanks!! Like you said, Fighters guild is so easy to lvl and fast that It's been almost a year since I maxed it.

Mages guild on the other hand, like I said, earliest I could get it was v6 zone (quest leveling) and that was with the lorebook add on and finding every single book in every single zone.
  • JamieIrving1234
    What game do tou prefer, skyrim or eso? I prefered skyrim becuase the quests were more in depth and more exciting, this game is fighting, fighting, fighting!!
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What game do tou prefer, skyrim or eso? I prefered skyrim becuase the quests were more in depth and more exciting, this game is fighting, fighting, fighting!!

I loved Skyrim, played it for sooooo many hours but the story telling in ESO is imo quite outstanding.....

Take your time listen to everything.....

It will make you laugh, cry and all emotions inbetween.

Having said that again imo the DC and AD storylines are way, way better than the EP ones!

When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • JamieIrving1234
    freespirit wrote: »

I loved Skyrim, played it for sooooo many hours but the story telling in ESO is imo quite outstanding.....

Take your time listen to everything.....

It will make you laugh, cry and all emotions inbetween.

Having said that again imo the DC and AD storylines are way, way better than the EP ones!

Ahhhh, that explains it im in ebonheart!
  • Grolsch
    Grolsch
    Soul Shriven

I prefer Skyrim, but honestly that's a really high standard against which to judge any game. Skyrim may be the best video game I've ever played.

I'm playing a Daggerfall Redguard in ESO, perhaps I should have started as an Ebonheart Pact Nord.

I've reached level 30 and have finished Glenumbra, all of Stormhaven except for Emric's Dream, and much of Rivenspire.