The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How come my friend and I (although we're on each other's friends list) can't see each other in-game?

MadeToKillESO
MadeToKillESO
Soul Shriven
My friend and I have been curious as to why we can't adventure together in-game because when we both log in at the same time on the North American server we don't see each other ever. I want to lvl with him and such but when I go into the "Social" option in the pause menu, and then look under "Friends", I don't see him but I do see two other friends of mine who have the game as well... Why is it that the only friend I want to adventure with doesn't show up? Does anyone else know of this problem or how to solve it? : (
  • s1gm4xb14_ESO
    s1gm4xb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    A few things,

1 make sure you are on the same faction

2. If you are in a group and can't physically see each other one of you should go to the group menu click on the other players name and click travel to player. You guys just might be in different phases.

3. I noticed you asked about friend list. Honestly I'm not sure. Try to invite each other to the same group and go from there.

4. Last thing make sure you are both in the same region. Ex na mega or eu mega
  • StrykerTheElite
    they know about this, I have the same problem with xbox 1,

the work around is deleting your friend and then group with him then add him to eso first. Never tested it.

Way i go is go social and look for group and invite player, the friend list wont work unless you try the top suggestion. But I don't feel like deleting my wife to see if that might fix the issue or not. Plus they say they working on it, so just go find group and invite player that should work for now.
  • MadeToKillESO
    MadeToKillESO
    Soul Shriven
    they know about this, I have the same problem with xbox 1,

the work around is deleting your friend and then group with him then add him to eso first. Never tested it.

Way i go is go social and look for group and invite player, the friend list wont work unless you try the top suggestion. But I don't feel like deleting my wife to see if that might fix the issue or not. Plus they say they working on it, so just go find group and invite player that should work for now.

Okay, I'm going to try this asap because yeah I forgot to include that this was a problem I was having on the Xbox One. Thanks for the response!
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disband your group and invite again, it should ask if you want to join to your mate, then answer yes.
  • MadeToKillESO
    MadeToKillESO
    Soul Shriven
    So you're saying I should I be able to send a group invite to him even if I don't see him when we both try to meet up at the same location on the map within the same faction, megaserver setting, and everything? : P
  • barmarchub17_ESO
    I've been playing this game for years. I talked a friend into trying the game. We both logged into the same faction. I cant see them and they cant see me. I am now creating a new character so I can be at the same quest level at the same time. Will try this.