Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weapon level and repair?

pursuer
pursuer
Soul Shriven
Do weapons level up or is that the required level to use the weapon also how do you know the durablilty of your weapon as far as repair and magic uses?
  • Mesmerize-_-
    Your weapon doesnt level up, when you become a higher level you can use more effective and better weapons. The more you use a weapon the more skills you unlock for it i believe, as far as i know you dont repair your weapons, there is a blue bar that will go away if you have an enchantment on it then you need to recharge it with a SoulGem.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    pursuer wrote: »
    Do weapons level up or is that the required level to use the weapon also how do you know the durablilty of your weapon as far as repair and magic uses?

Weapons don't level up, but weapon skills (both active and passive) does. Every once and a while you will need a new weapon that matches your level. You can craft that, use dropped weapons or buy it from a merchant or player.

Unlike armor, weapons don't "break down". but they can have an enchantment that runs out (the tooltip should have a bar indicating that). You can recharge it by interacting with the weapon (right click on the PC) and then clicking charge. You then select a filled soulgem. however, you can also choose to enchant it instead of recharge. it is in the same menu. Then you select a glyph to put a new enchantment on the weapon that comes with a fully charged bar. As glyphs drop more often then soulgems and don't require to be filled I suggest to keep the soulgems for ressurecting yourself and others while using glyphs to re-enchant weapons.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU