Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anybody know how to lvl werewolf transformation fast?

mjtoad36
mjtoad36
Really want to morph my wolf
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only way I found, and it might have changed since then, is to find a place where you can grind shamans.

In Eastmarch (EP), there was Old Sord's cave with lots of Shaman's in it. You would gain lots of experience by letting the Shamans put up Circle of Protection and then taking down the banner while in werewolf form and then kill the Shaman and eat him. It took me 4.5hrs to grind out the full 10levels.

But note: That was a while ago and they have made a few changes to the WW line since them, but it is still worth a try.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went from 5 to 10 running a circle in an unused dungeon for 1.5 hours. Managed to stay in wolf form the whole time.
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the ultimate, I guess any sort of high-xp grind will do. Do try to have it slotted when you turn in any quests, so that the quest XP goes into the ultimate.
  • danovic
    danovic
    ✭✭✭
    Change to ware wolf in large bandit or undead camp kill everything. Repeat only levels fast wile in wear wolf form. outdoor camps better then dungeons because not to far to travel to next kill and meal.
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delves. Once you get devour and then the passive that prolongs werewolf transformation by 3 seconds for each received hit once every 5 seconds then you can maintain werewolf form indefinitely in areas with endlessly respawning enemies... basically every solo delve or public dungeon.

My level 5 dragon knight I prepared for console transfer was a rank 1 werewolf. By level 11 he was rank 10. Very very easy to level werewolf.
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • Revenant_Spartan
    Revenant_Spartan
    ✭✭✭
    I found a nice little orc village somewhere in AD terretory. I pretty much went on a killing rampage, literally never shifting out of WW with all the feeding and killing. Then just tear away. Took next to no time. And fun as hell leaping from poor schmuck after schmuck and mauling them into kibble.
  • jluceyub17_ESO
    jluceyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The skill line itself is based only on killing enemies while in form, so go somewhere below your level and merc 'em fast.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the people saying "just go on a killing spree", I don't think that's what OP asked. Kills will level your WW skill line, but not the ultimate and actual skills. Those are tied to XP, like any other skills. You need to grind XP to level the ultimate and WW skills, so lots of no-XP kills won't do you much good (if I'm not mistaken).
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just having the WW ultimate on your bar when you gain XP will level it, you don't have to actually be in WW form.

I don't have figures on whether you get extra progress for XP gained while in form but I doubt it, and that has not been my experience. Just keep the WW ultimate slotted as you quest and grind and transform whenever you feel like it.

By the time you get to be about level 30 and XP gains start getting substantial, you should be about rank IV.
  • Lithium Flower
    Lithium Flower
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leveling Werewolf Skill line is very easy - you level up with a set number of kills while in werewolf form. I find it easiest to remain in Hircine's Hunting Grounds after completing the quest and getting the skill line to hunt the animals inside. But any area with a dense population of mobs that you can kill while remaining in wolf form will fine - invest in the devour passive early on.

Leveling up Werewolf Transformation ultimate skill is done with XP gain like with any other ultimate. Killings mobs, doing quests, delves, dolmens etc. Slot it on both bars for faster progress.
    Dragonknight Smith of the Lith | Rayna Dreloth
    Templar Josephine Belmont | Catherine Belmont | Irene Belmont
    Sorceror Blathanna | Eta Carina
    Nightblade Adda Vorenor

Ebonheart Pact | Daggerfall Covenant | EU | Champion Points ~ 800 | Crafter of all things
  • Revenant_Spartan
    Revenant_Spartan
    ✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    To the people saying "just go on a killing spree", I don't think that's what OP asked. Kills will level your WW skill line, but not the ultimate and actual skills. Those are tied to XP, like any other skills. You need to grind XP to level the ultimate and WW skills, so lots of no-XP kills won't do you much good (if I'm not mistaken).

Yeah, missread. The skill line is easy to level but leveling the ultimate takes a while. Best is to quest, do dungeons and just complete tasks for exp while using WW a good bit.

• bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was v14, went to v1 zone, in an enemy town run circles, had it morphed in half an hour or less
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can probably grind it out in the same place where everybody grinds these days: Cracked Wood Cave in Cyrodiil.
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Put the ability skills you want to level (including ultimate) on your hot bar just as you turn in each quest. Then replace them as you go on questing and killing. Having them on your bar, even unused, (such as devour even while human) can level the ability too.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • mjtoad36
    mjtoad36
    I mean the werewolf transformation skill and leveling that
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mjtoad36 wrote: »
    Really want to morph my wolf

Find an area with lots of easy to kill mobs. For example there used to be tons of sheep in Kenarthi's Roost (though I think they may have slowed the respawn rate). Or a place with lots of crabs would work. Or wolves.

Werewolf levels based on the number of kills, not the level of the mob you kill. I maxed ww in two nights.

The skills themselves level like other skills. Have them on your hotbar when you turn quests in to level them.
    Edited by gard on June 12, 2015 4:19PM
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • mjtoad36
    mjtoad36
    Btw I'm in ebonpact. You guys know any farming spots that are lvl 11s
  • mjtoad36
    mjtoad36
    I'm not talking about maxing the skill line. I'm talking about maxing the werewolf transformation skill IN the werewolf skill line
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Finish the quest... but do NOT exit the quest area.
    2. Build up your ultimate killing the mobs
    3. Turn into werewolf form
    4. Stay there, killing the mobs, wait for them to respawn, keep killing

Not sure if that trick still works on console, but it does on PC. Once you turn into werewolf form in that quest zone, you stay in it.. so just keep killing.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • cobaderab16_ESO
    cobaderab16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not talking about maxing the skill line. I'm talking about maxing the werewolf transformation skill IN the werewolf skill line

Only good old XP can level that, so stick it on your bar for questing or do what many people do to level certain skills, stick it on the back weapon swap bar and use that for quest hand ins.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only good old XP can level that, so stick it on your bar for questing or do what many people do to level certain skills, stick it on the back weapon swap bar and use that for quest hand ins.
    Yeah, for the actual ultimate to level it up to the point where you can morph it this is the only way. It has to be on your bar while you earn XP.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)