Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone know of a reason why my soul trap line isn't advancing?.

Finbar77
Finbar77
Soul Shriven
I have it on my bar and have been using it but it still sits at lvl 1. Everything else is advancing but not soul. Any ideas? Ps4

Best Answer

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have already stated the Soul Magic skill line advances by completing main story quests for The Prophet. He will offer you more quests as you gain levels and complete some specific parts of the story.

The skill line is max level of six after completing the main game.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓
  • Sythias
    Sythias
    ✭✭✭
    This skill line advances by completing parts of the main story quest.
    Sythias Blackhand - Imperial Nightblade - Trueflame NA DC
    Elder Skills PVP Captain
  • Firaithel
    Firaithel
    ✭✭
    Hi

I believe that you level up this skill when you complete the main quests with "The Prophet", also I believe that you can also level it up as long as you have "Soul Capture" equipped.

Hope this helps!
  • Finbar77
    Finbar77
    Soul Shriven
    Cheers for the replies. Expect more noobish questions soon lol
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always welcome to ask and I hope we'll be able to help you with any more questions in the future.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."