Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Morphed skills not leveling

jakebayless
jakebayless
Soul Shriven
None of my sorcerers morphed skill are gaining experience .....and I have been using soul magic nonstop and it has not gained any experience. Has anyone else had this problem?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not on Xbox one, but I imagine some helpful info for the support team would be exactly what skills they are. (So, which morph did you pick?) As well, have they leveled at all? Does it say "Skill Name IV" for example? As well if you're positive they are not leveling, I definitely suggest also putting a bug report in - on game. (If you haven't already)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Belthor_Moonblood
    Belthor_Moonblood
    ✭✭✭
    I have just noticed this as well; I have morphed three abilities but non of them have level up since.
  • Undyingkatana
    Same thing is happening 2 me as well.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there everyone,

Can you please let us know the names of the abilities that you're experiencing this issue with? We'd also like to ask for the following information:

Which megaserver are you playing on?
    Are the abilities slotted to your action bar?
    Do you gain experience if you remove the ability from your action bar and replace it?

Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soul magic only goes up when you do parts of the main quest. There are a few types of skills that level differently; for example Mages guide stuff needs lore books for XP
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • woodz_supreme
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there everyone,

Can you please let us know the names of the abilities that you're experiencing this issue with? We'd also like to ask for the following information:

Do you gain experience if you remove the ability from your action bar and replace it?

unstable clannfear I

NA
    yes
    no i did not
  • bgarr7995
    bgarr7995
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there everyone,

I am also having this problem, here is the information:

Burning Embers 1 and Volatile Armor 1
    Xbox One NA server
    Yes they are slotted
    Removed and re added, still not gaining exp
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the information, everyone. We'll take a look and see what's going on.

Edit: In the meantime, in addition to reslotting the affected ability, go kill an enemy after it's been reslotted and see if that forces it to level up.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on June 13, 2015 3:59PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • bgarr7995
    bgarr7995
    Killing an enemy after reslotting did not fix. Nor did restarting the game. Going to use alternate character for now until this is fixed.
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just FYI: the first skills "basic" version level much, much , MUCH faster then the later skills as well as the morphs of the skills.
    so are you certain that your mophs are no leveling at all?
  • woodz_supreme
    they havent moved at all, if the bar slightly went up i would understand
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    I have just noticed this as well; I have morphed three abilities but non of them have level up since.
    Can you confirm that these abilities are on your active ability bar, rather than the non-active bar?

Also everyone, keep in mind the experience needed to level up ability lines after they are morphed is much higher than just getting ranks I-IV before it's morphed, so it may just appear as though it's not gaining any experience.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • bgarr7995
    bgarr7995
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Well now that you have mentioned that, I'll give it some time and check again. You might consider making that more apparent at some time so you stop receiving complaints about it :)
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also note, re the original Posting, that the Soul Magic skill line does not level up based on use, but only on your progress in the main quest storyline. Individual skills (i.e. either the Soul Trap skill or its morphs, or the Soul Strike Ultimate or its morphs) will level up if they are on your active bar whenever you get XP, i.e. from killing mobs, exploration or when completing a quest etc.
  • SURxR3AL
    SURxR3AL
    ✭✭✭
    iv really only noticed that they lvl when you turn in quests i can use them all day and nothing but once i turn in a quest it moves
    NA Server (Xbox One)
    Magika Sorc - Zane Cloudreaver(EP)
    Magika Temp - Revan V'ile(EP)
    Stam DK - Kraven V'ile(AD)
    Stam NB- Relic V'alor(DC)
    Stam Sorc- Veric Septim(AD)