The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Auto-joining audio channels not for the console community.

grumlins
grumlins
✭✭✭
This is one of those cases in which a good idea for a PC game has been ported over to the console and it's clearly incompatible.

Here's a possible scenario you're creating for your customers. Bans. There's a language issue in the console community and it's a problem that's not going to go away but the problem isn't the language the problem is the autojoin. You see when you auto join a channel EVEN WITH THAT OPTION TURNED OFF IN THE SETTINGS it will cause people who are using party chat for their select few friends and or skype to be heard by others on the game and could cause reporting issues. That being said, you should remove it or turn it off for now until you can patch it to work properly because it's going to cause problems.

You see if someone is on Skype and they use foul language because they think only the people they play with are hearing them, or if they are on headset and listening to the game but they aren't interested in talking to anyone else but themselves at that time they're still being heard without their consent especially in cases where people are new to the gaming scene.

So please shut this audio thing down so that people don't get placed into group or Area chat without their knowledge because there are already plenty of ways for friends to connect using the systems already in place.

Thanks
  • icurehangovers
    First, I want to address this issue you seem to have with party chat. No! If you're in a party with your friends, no one else can hear your conversation. It was like that in the 360. It's still that way now. There's no way that if you're using derogatory or foul language, that someone will hear you. Same goes for skype. I use both services a lot. I've never had that issue.

Second, if you're on game chat on your console minding your own business, there is such a thing as a mute button. If you happen to be one of those people with a Kinect who never turns it off, then that is on you. Don't blame your foul language on anyone but yourself. Only you have the power to keep yourself from getting in trouble.

Also, what exactly are you saying over Xbox Live that is going to get you in trouble? Our community is on the tolerant side. Have you played Halo?? There are some horrible people there man. Even still, in the many years I have been playing over Xbox Live, I've never heard of a person getting banned. I play with people who saying they have a sailor's mouth would be putting it lightly.

I like my the system the way it is. It might get annoying sometimes with people who keep an open mic (Kinect especially), but it is easy enough to just mute a single annoyance. If there happen to be many of these people in regular chat, it's also easy enough to exit out of it. You won't be put back in it automatically save for all of voice chat going down, then coming back on. I understand this is happening a lot but you're trying to make it look like you getting in trouble for something you said over a live mic is somehow the developers fault.

Moral of this story: If you think what you're going to say might get you in trouble, don't say it over an open mic. Duh