Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Argonian Dragon Knight (self healing build)

Ironclad388
Ironclad388
Soul Shriven
Hi,

Im pretty new to ESO and was after a bit of advice regarding the dragon knight build for an argonian.

Ive been playing a templar to VR1 and for a large chunk of that, I was sword and shield specd and really enjoyed it, but I plan to heal end game so went healing staff and destro staff. I mention this as I feel I just about understand the basics, but struggle understanding and planning some other aspects of chr creation, which is vital, unless you like rerolling high level chrs.

I love playing alts, as they offer a new take on a game, so ive rolled an argonian DK and a NB. My plan for the DK is mediocre dps with a high dependancy on trickle heals from other abilities, instead of a healing staff. Im not sure if it will work, so I thought it fitting that I pose the question to people more qualified than I.

Here goes.

Bar 1 (2h)
Critical Rush. Combat opener, or to help charge out of a danger area into a less dangerous one.
Momentum Rally. Extra dps and a 33sec heal
Burning embers. 30% of dps as a heal after 8.5 secs.
Draw essence. Health and mana regen
Igneous Shield. Bubble and 30% extra heal for 7 secs
Ult: Leap. Specd to bubble

Bar 2 (Dual weild)
Blood craze. 9sec DoT and HoT
Burning talons. AoE snare and DoT
Flame lash. Heal with snared targets
Green dragons bood. Stam and heal
Reflective plate. Ranged protection with projectiles and spell resist
Ult: Leap. Specd to bubble

Ive got both stm and mana regen within this build, but I want to be able to favour the argonians added heal racial as much as possible, not a huge benefit, but I wanted to see if it is something that can be worked out to become a viable solo build for leveling whilst giving the feeling that the argonian race is the the main idea ofthe build, rather than the dragon knight.

Main element of the dps:
Crit rush opens the fight, with a Rally to help start the healing process and a burning embers to plan the mid fight heal.
Switch to dual weild
Blood craze, burning talons, followed by a flame lash.

Shields and stm/mana buffs as appropriate and the Ferocious Leap as an AoE or shield or to transport around the battlefield (great for getting away from melee and closing on casters, as you get a short break from the melee damage or saves blocking an incoming heavy attack.

Ive always sucked at dps in other games tbh, as ive always played tank/healer in WoW. Im great at reacting to things, just can never get used to dps rotations, lol.

I would be very grateful if someone with some understanding could reply as necessary. Im not after the greatest dps spec, just a spec with synergies with the argonian race passives, mainly the healing. What I dont want, is to be informed that a healing staff would be better, as im am pretty certain it would be, but I wouldnt get the feel of how I wanted the argonian DK to play.
I am thinking 2h sword and either dualweild swords/knives.

Many thanks in advance for any replies that this thread attracts. Im yet to join a large guild, but I plan to shortly when I have myself sorted. I wanted to see if I enjoyed ESO first.... I do, although it gets reather depressing as it always feels like night time. Then when the sun comes out, you get to go underground into a dungeon away from the nice graphics of daylight. Would LOVE to see more daylight appear in the game, its like you get Seasonal Affective Disorder in game..... lol.

Mick

• Elk
    Elk
    You could look into this and see if this helps. But I don't know because it's like a simulator to see what you could have as skill armor and something else wise. it goes with any of the classes, racea and weapons. Like I said it might help but no promises. Cause I use this to see what my characters powers and skills could be like.

http://esobuild.com/?IwbgrCysB0DMAGG8BG4BmAuA7DMZgwAWPYhWfIhMTEgQzoA4AmOTMGRugYxge9oxmANmEosFdFWaZYIAJwBTbujzyYShEhUhkemLH36gAAA=
  • Ironclad388
    Ironclad388
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the link! Will certainly check it out. :)

I was wondering though if its actually viable to play and if the trickle healing will be enough to keep you in the fight and vertical enough to end it. Hehe. I forgot to mention I will be using heavy armour, mainky becaus I want that rugged feel to physical attacks, as a scaley lizard should imho (ofc will have 1 light and 1 medium slotted for item exp).

The problem I am having when researching this, is that people name their builds, which is great, but its not really noob friendly unless it states that they are a NB, DK, Sorc, Temp.

I have seen many a discussion on argonians though, and whilst they may or may not be the min max choice, the champ points can make up for this imho. If you dont like your race, you wont play as much. Therefor, gain less champ points. But I guess you can just put a heavey armoured helmet on and people would never know! :smiley:

Just wanted confirmation to see if this would actually work, as I feel like im struggling a bit with motivation for the DK. Only level 8 so far, so a oong way to go. :)