Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Failed Quest for Assassinating Queen?

Knight0fTruth
Knight0fTruth
Soul Shriven
Hi there, so I just completed the quest to kill the "betrayer" who planned on assassinating the queen (won't post names to avoid spoilers for others), and when I did it said that I failed a quest to "assassinate the queen" or some such info -- did I miss an entire option which would have allowed me to assassinate the queen (or at least given me a quest to do so?)

I'm playing this character as an assassin and so it bothers me to think I may have missed something entirely. i thought this game was rather linear, but just wanted some confirmation or other information regarding the above or if it was just some weird glitch prior to telling me I completed the quest?

Thanks in advance!
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm I have done that quest and there was no option to assassinate the queen whatsoever so you can rest easier lol
  • Knight0fTruth
    Knight0fTruth
    Soul Shriven
    cmetzger93 wrote: »
    Hmm I have done that quest and there was no option to assassinate the queen whatsoever so you can rest easier lol

Did you get the "failed assassination" message though? Maybe there was a questline elsewhere that gave you that option?
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get that message. Maybe the quest got bugged. I have unfortunately ran into a similar problem in other quests sometimes the only solution is to abandon and restart the quest.
  • Knight0fTruth
    Knight0fTruth
    Soul Shriven
    Ha! Think I figured it out -- I think it may have said "foiled assassination attempt" instead of "failed" -- there's a weird glitch that shows up on the map and though my TV is small, I think it says "foiled" not "failed"... :facepalm:
  • Pixie4u
    Pixie4u
    Soul Shriven
    yes it says foiled