Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Noob questions about build

Hadesnuts
Hadesnuts
Soul Shriven
Okay so I'm new at this and I am a khajiit nb. Only level 8 I think. Im really going to try to have a stamina build but does that mean I should only use my duel wield skills for the best results and not any assassin's siphoning, and shadow? Right now I have flurry 4, strife 4, shadow cloak 4, assassin's blade 4 and ambush 1. Also my Ultimate is death stroke. I feel like I messed up and spent my skill points uselessly. Should I only focus on my duel wield skills or have a few that use some magika too. Also what would you recommend I use for my skill set. I've read that I shouldn't use my flurry but instead twin slashes. I also have twin slashes 3 and agony 3 but I don't really use them. I know I'm still a low level and have plenty of time to get new abilities and level them up but I want the best start for right now. Thank you for helping and please let me know anything else that may be helpful. BTW my skills are at 1 magika, 3 health and 3 stamina.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    for a pure stam nb the siphoning skills holds little interest but you should still level the line.

Attack from sneak with stam ambush followed with surprise attack should kill most mobs at your level so your build seems fine.

You need to focus on stamina and morph for stamina though.
  • Hadesnuts
    Hadesnuts
    Soul Shriven
    What do you mean morph lol? Whenever I level up and get to upgrade my health, Stam, and magic should I still do a little of everything ? I was mainly going to do health and stamina but should I do a few for magic too just so it's not complete trash or what. If I do go pure stamina what attacks are the most reasonable and what should I avoid using?
  • Hadesnuts
    Hadesnuts
    Soul Shriven
    I'm also confused because if want to be pure stamina should I only be using duel wield attacks or no? I'm over thinking this a lot but I'm just confused. Is this right, siphoning, assassin and shadow are for a Magika build while weapon skills are for stamina builds?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if you're primarily a stamina build, it's always handy to have a few magicka skills, especially for a nightblade. In part this is because if you run out of stamina in a long fight at least you've still got magicka so you can still do something.

For a dual wield nightblade specifically, though, I like the following magicka skills:
    *Teleport Strike - this gets you right up in there to attack before your enemy knows what hit them
    Mark Target - this just flat-out makes you way more effective at killing the target you've marked, and it heals you too.
    Shadow Cloak - great for going invisible in the middle of a fight either to run away or to strike from surprise.
    *Veiled Strike - use this in combination with Shadow Cloak to do awesome damage.

Now here's where what @Jitterbug was talking about for morphs comes into play. When a skill is at rank IV and has progressed enough to get to the next rank, a morph becomes available. This means that you have 2 options for that skill to change it and allow it to progress further. Some class skills have morphs available that change them to use stamina instead of magicka and scale off of your weapon power instead of your spell power.

You may have noticed that of the magicka skills that I mentioned above, I marked 2 of them with *. Those skills both have stamina morphs available, so if you level those skills up as magicka skills, you can later morph them into stamina skills that will be even more effective with your stamina build dual-wield nightblade.

By the way, I've got a list of my characters in my signature - the Khajiit nightblade is a dual wield (with bow as a secondary weapon, but I mostly use dual wield) stamina build. I use a few class skills and a few dual wield skills, and he's a blast to play.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)