Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can I play online with just one friend ?

gooneruk123
gooneruk123
Soul Shriven
Is there a way to play with just me and a friend or do we have to play with all the other hundreds of people . Thanks .
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MMO darling, MMO.
  • gooneruk123
    gooneruk123
    Soul Shriven
    *** me sorry for asking you condescending geek.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To some extend it's possible to have some privacy in the game, but I wouldn't recommend the game if you never want to encounter another player.
    There are regions where it's very unlikely to meet other players, especially between late night and morning. Furthermore there are instanced dungeons that only members of your group can enter. They are made for 4 people but most can be done with 2 if you play well together.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can play together with just one person and never have anyone else in your group (although a lot of group activities would be extremely difficult with just two people). And you can turn off zone/proximity chat so you don't see/hear what they're saying.

But you can't completely avoid or hide all the other people in the world.

That's what an MMO is: hundreds of people all together in the same maps. Without that it'd be a very different game.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sort of?
    paired teams do very well!
    & you get the best XP in a group of 2.

but @Danikat is right, the other people are just going to be around a lot of the time (banks are the worst)...
    sometimes in the same dungeon as you, & on the same quest as you too

you can move through together, even though you aren't formally grouped...
    you can follow behind them as though they are your bodyguards/mercs...
    or you can wait a moment for them to move ahead & try for a more private experience...
    & its always fun to save a stranger from certain death!

try and look at them like the "extras" in your adventures, and less like leeches of other players swooping on your objectives

have fun!
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }