The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Craglorn needs some TLC

kojou
kojou
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
A friend and I have been running the last few things in Northern Craglorn that I need to have the quest and exploration achievements and I realized that Craglorn is at this point very un-challenging and very un-rewarding. Most boss fights end before we even see the first mechanic, and most loot for quest returns are green vendor trash. I can run daily quests that include "dungeons" and will only get a little xp. If I go to Cyrodiil I can get an entire champion's point worth of xp and chances for much more valuable VR14 Martial Knowledge gear in the same amount of time.

@'s handed to us by Shada. It was hard, we died a lot, but we actually got XP from it. and had a good time. I came back to Shada recently and we burned her down before she even got through her first healing phase and got almost no xp, a piece of green vendor trash, and a little gold...

If I wasn't a bit of a "completionist" I wouldn't bother, and once I get the achievements I will probably never go back to Craglorn unless to help others friends who want to complete achievements. The biggest shame is that Craglorn has cool monsters, bosses with mechanics, and a more involved story, but Cyrodiil quests and dungeons are very boring and simple. I'm not sure I understand the strategy of encouraging players to get burned out on boring content by making it more rewarding.

So here is what I would like to propose to make Craglorn fun again:

1. Make everything in Craglorn VR14 and "Elite" (at least comparably as hard as City of Ash, Sanctum Ophidian, and veteran Dragon Star Arena)
2. Make the XP gain rate at least comparable to Cyrodiil dungeons and quests.
3. Make all quest reward gear a set piece that is worth something or just give an extra 30 gold over what we get now and save my time opening the chest and "vendoring" the worthless item.

I can tell there was so much effort put into the design Craglorn and the story and it is really such a shame to see it become a zone that has some stuff I do once for completion. If it was a rewarding challenge again then I don't think I am alone in saying I would do it again to experience it the way it was meant to be and actually see the boss mechanics instead of burning everything down in a few minutes.
Playing since beta...
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No responses...

I guess either everyone thinks that Craglorn is just fine as is, or no one cares.
    Playing since beta...
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, we care. But there is only so much constant complaining you can do before apathy sets in.

Besides, pc players have let the console players have the forum for their launch. We arent responding to these threads as much right now.
    Edited by Shunravi on June 15, 2015 4:21PM
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since im the only one commenting...

We actually care so much that it has been one of the top subjects on the forum for months.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crag is a where I farm mats needed to pay for pvp pots and gems. I barely remember a time that it was more than that. Since the game went b2p I'm seeing more newcomers there trying to put together groups, but it's still pretty desolate. Just a handful of us running around, soloing all the mobs and bolting from node to node for nirncrux.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are there other related forum threads in a different section?

Maybe I put this in the wrong section...
    Playing since beta...
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    General discussion. But they are buried. Actually, constant chatter about endgame fizzled before console release, and it became more about new players impressions on pve.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah ok I get it.

I know it isn't new end game content, but I would actually play it more than once if ZOS made the changes as outlined. Right now it is a "pretty" zone with interesting monsters, but the content is too easy and too unrewarding to do more than once. Which is sad for a zone with daily quests.

I know there are discussions about end game, but I was perhaps under the naive impression that if I posted some specific constructive criticism about Craglorn, and if there were a lot other players who feel the same way, that it might get addressed. Especially if all we are asking for is just scaling up the difficulty and reward on the same content and not new content.

Playing since beta...
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I for one am all for scaling these up. And thats what most of those threads turned into; pleading to at least keep current content relavent. As it stands, you get so much more aoe grinding in cyrodill delves, and loot there is actually v14. (As you are aware) The only reason i even remember boss mechanics in craglorn is because i solo them. And thats just sad. When i take a group, everyone wonders where the bosse are despite having fought them...

I like your ideas, at the very least they could make it so if your group is set to veteran, everything scales up or even doubles stats.

I do believe they said something about craglorn recently, so we will see how that goes.
    Edited by Shunravi on June 15, 2015 5:06PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Crag is a where I farm mats needed to pay for pvp pots and gems. I barely remember a time that it was more than that. Since the game went b2p I'm seeing more newcomers there trying to put together groups, but it's still pretty desolate. Just a handful of us running around, soloing all the mobs and bolting from node to node for nirncrux.

Pretty much what I have observed as well.

I understand that the XP rate of some of the content was too high at one time, but I wish they would have gone the route of making things harder to kill rather than nerfing the XP. Scorpion grind wouldn't have been a thing if they would have increased the monster's HP and damage dealt to the point where it could just kill all of the grinders, and IMO that would have been a much more entertaining fix.
    Edited by kojou on June 15, 2015 6:03PM
    Playing since beta...
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn is like a Ferrari with no engine in it. Its so pretty and has the potential to be so much fun but ultimately when you realize it is a hollow shell, you never come back to play with it again.
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually that is a great metaphor for the entirety of ESO "Endgame" PVE.
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Craglorn is like a Ferrari with no engine in it. Its so pretty and has the potential to be so much fun but ultimately when you realize it is a hollow shell, you never come back to play with it again.

More like a Ferrari that turns out to be a fiberglass kit on a Pontiac Fiero. It looks cool and it goes, but it is no Ferrari.

Playing since beta...
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if the quest rewards included random set pieces that were leveled to the player.
    The Moot Councillor
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finally got "Craglorn Completionist" last night. I probably won't be going back unless to help others now...

I really hope they make the zone more rewarding to play.
    Playing since beta...