The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guild Alliance choice....possible to change?

Jasli
Jasli
✭✭✭
SO I have a guild that is EP and has been from the start, we are planning to move to DC, can this be changed or does it not really matter? I cannot tell so far what the allegiance really does for a guild? If anyone can clear this up I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks in advance
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jasli wrote: »
    SO I have a guild that is EP and has been from the start, we are planning to move to DC, can this be changed or does it not really matter? I cannot tell so far what the allegiance really does for a guild? If anyone can clear this up I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks in advance

Do you mean changing your EP toons to DC toons?
  • Jasli
    Jasli
    ✭✭✭
    No, when you create a guild you must choose an alliance for it....but it does not seem to have any meaning that I can see.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it doesn't have any real meaning. It used to, and meant you could only name keeps for your guild if they were that alliance.. at least I THINK that's how it was.. but positive that changed now..
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot change a guild's alliance affiliation, but the only thing it affects is control of Keeps and Resources in PvP; Guilds can "claim" a keep or resource, but only if the player's alliance matches the guild's alliance. Keeps and Resources under Guild control offer all players of that alliance access to that Guild's store in that keep in Cyrodiil.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    You cannot change a guild's alliance affiliation, but the only thing it affects is control of Keeps and Resources in PvP; Guilds can "claim" a keep or resource, but only if the player's alliance matches the guild's alliance. Keeps and Resources under Guild control offer all players of that alliance access to that Guild's store in that keep in Cyrodiil.

@Enodoc is it still that way? That's actually what I meant above but I thought it changed *shrugs* Sometimes I should just not try to answer haha.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @Enodoc is it still that way? That's actually what I meant above but I thought it changed *shrugs* Sometimes I should just not try to answer haha.
    Ha lol looks like we answered at the same time :)

Yeah I think it's still like that... it's been a couple of months since I've been in Cyrodiil, but when I was there last I couldn't claim a keep when my alliance didn't match the guild alliance.

Guild Tabards still go white in Cyrodiil if the alliances don't match as well.
    Edited by Enodoc on June 11, 2015 2:51PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Jasli
    Jasli
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that's the confusing part, guild members in our EP guild have been able to claim keeps for their trade guilds which were of a different alliance.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jasli wrote: »
    Yeah that's the confusing part, guild members in our EP guild have been able to claim keeps for their trade guilds which were of a different alliance.
    Oh. Well thank you for throwing that theory out the window :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    I guess more in-game testing is required.
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    You cannot change a guild's alliance affiliation, but the only thing it affects is control of Keeps and Resources in PvP; Guilds can "claim" a keep or resource, but only if the player's alliance matches the guild's alliance.

that sucks hard, hey should make guild multi factional (then guild has all 3 alliance symbols on where ur faction symbol currently is), or that faction depends on what server guild master is on or that master can always change it when he feels like it