Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"If By Sea" Quest Bug

Matt53099
Matt53099
Soul Shriven
Upon escaping from Bleakrock I arrived at Bal Foyen (at the wayshrine instead of the boat, if that's supposed to happen), and after completing "Escaping From Bleakrock," I returned to Bleakrock immediately to do the other side quests. However, I didn't accept "If By Sea" from Captain Rana, and when I returned to Bal Foyen a couple of hours later, she wasn't there and I cannot find her anywhere. Where can I start this quest and is my character forever stuck here in Bal Foyen? Please respond ASAP as I am unable to continue and this has essentially halted my progress.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might have fallen into the invisible NPCs bug, which they will hopefully fix soon:
    You may encounter some invisible NPCs during your play. This will be fixed in our next incremental patch, but in the meantime, completely closing the game and/or rebooting your system should make them appear.

If you don't mind skipping a few quests, I would suggest you move onto Stonefalls and come back to Bal Foyen later, or work on the Bal Foyen side quests. You can get to Stonefalls either through the large gate in the west of Bal Foyen, or via wayshrine to Davon's Watch. Note though that if you go five levels above the enemies in the area, they won't drop any loot or XP when killed (although over-levelled quests will still give XP on completion).
    Edited by Enodoc on June 11, 2015 1:05PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Matt53099
    Matt53099
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for the quick response! I have heard about this bug and I will try the reboot when I have time today. In order to make this process a little easier, though, where is Captain Rana supposed to be located after "Escaping from Bleakrock?" I'm not sure if she's meant to be at the Bal Foyen Dockyards or at the Fort or even at Dhalmora?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quest givers don't usually move around too much, so she should be where you turned in Escape from Bleakrock, which is right on the beach at the east end of Dhalmora.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • DrunkenGryffinInn
    I've run into similar issues, what's worked for me is abandoning the quest, logging out, logging in, restarting the quest. Most of these beginning quests are very small so starting over isn't the biggest pain.
    Xbone NA Ebonheart Pact GT: DrunkenGryffin