The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESOTU: Imperial Edition on a Sub-account

Crawfyi
Crawfyi
Soul Shriven
Hi everyone, I'm sure people have posted about this before and I was wondering if anybody has had a similar problem AND has had it resolved. My brother runs the "master account" on our PS4, and being that I am a sub-account without PS+ I decided to buy ESOTU: Imperial Edition on his account as it is already discounted (he has the PS+ membership). Anyway, I did not receive the pre-order gift nor the Imperial Edition benefits when I created my character. I called Zenimax up about this (after waiting 3 hours) and was ultimately told that I would be e-mailed about it. My brother doesn't even want to play the game, so I'm just worried that the extra 20 bucks is going to go to waste. My idea, or suggestion I guess, is that Crowns be loaded onto my account, for example, so that I can just re-purchase the Imperial Edition if there's no workaround, as well as having the pre-order gift sent via in-game mail (I'm pretty sure that's where you pick it up). I guess overall I'm kind of scared that I'll keep playing with my character and then get the e-mail and it'll be something like I have to delete the game/character or some stuff... :neutral:
  • Cicopico
    Cicopico
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem with my principal and sub account and suggested/asked them to:
    a) activate the explorer pack and imperial pack for my sub account otherwise I can play only standard edition even if I purchased the imperial edition with my principal account
    b) charge free crown to my sub account to make me buy from the shop the lost packs

They don't answer me yet... this isn't a serious way to manage the problem
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant even play ESO without PS-plus. I thought this game didnt require PS-plus. Yeah, my free 2 day PS-plus trial runs out today.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are not linked to a single PSN account per se, they are linked to your ESO login account. One per ESO account, so even though you might be using the same console, the perks don't duplicate across different ESO accounts even if they are connected via PSN sub-accounts.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Crawfyi
    Crawfyi
    Soul Shriven
    Well the ESO account I have uses the same e-mail as my sub-account if it helps any. The whole issue with the PS+ store discounts is silly too, since I can always just go onto the main account with PS+ to buy the cheaper games.
  • Crawfyi
    Crawfyi
    Soul Shriven
    Also if this clears up anything I had created a character and then deleted it, but from the get-go I wasn't able to make an Imperial (couldn't choose any alliance with any race). I'm not sure if my brother's account has the bonuses but I'm going to wait until Zenimax sends me some information because I'm afraid making a character on his account will make it so I can never get the bonuses for my own sub-account.
  • Crawfyi
    Crawfyi
    Soul Shriven
    Here is the e-mail I received. It did NOT resolve the issue.
    Greetings,
    Thank you for your patience while we investigated this issue. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players who purchase the Imperial Edition of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited from the PlayStation Store or Xbox Games Store automatically have the Imperial Edition perks applied to their PlayStation Network or Xbox Live Gold accounts. Players who pre-ordered a digital copy of the game and were entitled to the Explorer's Pack automatically received its perks once they registered their accounts and created a character.
    Console players who purchase a physical Imperial Edition of ESOTU receive a code in the box that grants them access to the bonuses for that edition. Players can register these codes on their accounts. Players who pre-ordered a physical copy of the game and were entitled to the Explorer's Pack bonuses received codes for the Explorer's Pack from their retailers.
    The Imperial Edition perks include the following:
    Play as an Imperial: Become an Imperial and play in any Alliance. Gain unique bonuses, crafting styles, gear, and more.
    White Imperial horse
    Pledge of Mara: complete the Ritual of Mara with a friend and receive an experience bonus when players play together.
    Mudcrab Vanity Pet
    The Explorer's pack includes the following bonuses:
    The ability to play any race in any alliance
    A Scuttler vanity pet
    Bonus treasure maps that will lead the player to loot
    Players can select which vanity pet and mount you wish to use through the Collections menu.
    On PS4: To access the Collection Menu, press [Options] and go to the Collections sub-menu.
    On Xbox One: To access the Collection Menu, press [Menu] and go to the Collections sub-menu.
    To toggle your mount, hold the button that normally brings up the in-game map
    On PlayStation 4: Press and hold the touch pad to mount or dismount
    On Xbox One: Press and hold the View (Back or Map) button to mount or dismount
    The Pledge of Mara and treasure maps are delivered to the first character via mail. Players should access their mail through the Mail menu located under the Social Menu. Players can move these items between characters using their bank. They'll need to open the map containers to place the maps into their bank.

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Team