The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

People need to relax!!!

Siftermalik
Siftermalik
Soul Shriven
I work in IT on servers spanning multiple platforms, programs, thousands of users, and across 75 square miles. Before you judge, learn every bit of what they need to know, get the certs required, get the degree, and work on their equipment. Then add a million users and a joint corporation with Sony, and you complaining certainly is helping! But please, leave complaints and threats out of this. If you dont like it dont play and make their job easier!
  • ttpowell
    ttpowell
    Not complain and don't play? Are you trying to get ZOS people fired? No players mean no jobs. lol
    PS4
    ttpowell
    North America
    Ebonheart Pact
  • redskins08ub17_ESO
    Says the angry IT guy using exclamation points in their subject line and blasting paying customers. Complaining about it does no good and honestly I'm not complaining, I'll find something else to do while they fix the issues. I haven't been part of any MMORPG launch that didn't have some issues, including major ones, mainly on the server side.

With that said. Posting a rant thread about people ranting is also counterproductive. Why not ignore the posts and stop stoking the fire? Sure, it's annoying, but they did pay their money and have a right to complain, regardless of you or I may think.
    Edited by redskins08ub17_ESO on June 11, 2015 1:28AM
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP complains about people complaining.

OpoQQ.jpg?1302279568

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Siftermalik
    Siftermalik
    Soul Shriven
    I read a bunch of posts of people ranting about wanting their money back, complaining about shoddy tech support, and horrible login servers. My bad for ranting. This is by far my favourite series of games, maybe ever. I'm here to stay, and will always appreciate their hard work.

Course correct, see you all online when it's up!
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would you offer the same "relax" advice to someone whose new car did not run? How about a new smart phone that had bugs? People paid money for a product, they should be able use it as advertised. It's one thing to have bugs, but not having access at all is a product failure.PC users have been left in limbo for months with the excuse that resources are going to console development. While it's not clear the scope of the issues, it's still there and not inspiring a lot of confidence. So when new products don't work, when is it okay not to just 'relax'?
    Edited by Ourorboros on June 11, 2015 2:31AM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • palehorn74
    palehorn74
    Soul Shriven
    my problem is with support as im trying to ask them if they transfered my pc characters to ps4 which i found out they didnt and i cant link my account all i get are vanilla responses that show me they didnt even read my question one actually had the balls to send me a survey asking how they did fixing my problem i just want answers if you guys are backed up and havent transfered my characters tell me that and ill accept that answer and maybe tell me when you might beable to fix said problem dont blow me off like they have been doing i feel robbed as i paid 21.74 to transfer my pc to ps4 and 5 days into the game i have yet to beable to play and i got alot of people like 18 to be exact to buy your game from me talking about it on destiny so the tech people next time your in a meeting with the support folks tell them to at least read the question and if they cant answer it or they dont know at least tell us in a nice way like im sorry for your inconvienance but our it guys are currently researching the issue and we will let you know when they can fix it thats all that needs to be said its the crappy support that gets people so angry
  • GodlessMimicry
    I work in IT on servers spanning multiple platforms, programs, thousands of users, and across 75 square miles. Before you judge, learn every bit of what they need to know, get the certs required, get the degree, and work on their equipment. Then add a million users and a joint corporation with Sony, and you complaining certainly is helping! But please, leave complaints and threats out of this. If you dont like it dont play and make their job easier!

None of which has anything to do with not providing services that have already been paid for and the shoddy support system. The server issues are a shame but understandable, but the Explorers Pack/Imperial Edition issue that was already fixed on the PC a year ago and support providing no actual support.
  • lahnaboy
    lahnaboy
    I understand People getting angry about that they have bought a game that doesent work like it should but it has been just launched on consoles and sure there will be problems but if i am honest i havent had problems before but tonight is full of them first players are black then npc's are gone after that my own character turns from orc to a black something and now i cant log in either European or North American megaserver. Well i am lucky that i have long holidays from work.
  • derwin0
    derwin0
    Paying $70+ for a game that doesn't work, and ZOS blames Sony, when the PS4 hardware is all the same, and I (or anyone else) should not complain?? Yeah right.

If anything, complaining is rightfully deserved and hopefully the bad word of mouth makes them learn their lesson and fix the game, instead of blaming common hardware. If it was PC I'd understand, but the PS4 (and XBOX One) are all common hardware/software platforms, no excuses for screwing that up.
    Edited by derwin0 on June 14, 2015 9:55PM
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    RACE: Dunmer (Dark Elf)
    Server: NA (North America)
    Client: PS4
    PSN: Derwin0

Due to frequent crashes, I asked PSN for a refund. I might rebuy the game if they ever get their act together.
  • atchmusic
    atchmusic
    Soul Shriven
    Hey Siftermalik: don't apologize to these people bro. You had something to say. TheY don't have a problem calling you out for telling people truth. IT has a hard job to do with a launch this bug and no one is perfect. At least they are working on these issues instead of leaving them dead.

As for Mr. "New Car". If your new car didn't run... You'd take it to the dealership and they'd have to spend time to fix it. You wouldn't walk up in there slapping your internet balls on the owners desk and acting like a baby because your video game didn't work... You'd be a man and act respectful while they took the time to make sure your vehicle worked, and you got what you paid for.

All that complaining and ranting about your hard earned money and how everybody should be perfect so you don't have to be inconvenienced is why some of you people are going to have Heart attacks by the time you're 50. Go play "something else"... You'll be back... I'll wait for the perfection that is Elder Scrolls Online: TAMRIEL UNLIMITED. You give them a cpl weeks to work out the kinks, and they give you the next 10 years of your life. SEVERELY EDITED DUE TO CENSORSHIP OF FREE SPEECH.
    Edited by atchmusic on June 14, 2015 11:31PM