The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Main quest?

cardiackod75
cardiackod75
Soul Shriven
I assume I'm on the main quest as I am in the central ruins near the mourning spring or is that a side mission. Lol. I've done several the last day and you can add so many without blinking when talking to people. Lol
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your quest log will group quests by zone and/or relevance. Current quests related to the main quest will be under "Main Quest" ...
    smile.gif
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are essentially two parts to the "Main" quest in ESO:
    1. The part that is specifically called the "Main Story", which you get every 5 levels (at Level 5/10/15 etc) from the Prophet in the Harborage;
    2. The part that is the main storyline for your alliance, called the "Alliance Story", which takes place in the Alliance Zones. These are chained together one after the other.
    It is hard to tell in-game whether a quest is part of the zone's Alliance Story or if it is a Side Quest in that zone, as they are both just listed under the zone name.

When you reach Level 43, the Main Story and Alliance Story join together to lead you through the final levelling zone.

For more info, see the UESP pages on Main Quest and Story Quests
    For details on all quests, Start Here.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • nunoheadbanger
    nunoheadbanger
    Soul Shriven
    how do I know what the main quest? symbols?name?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how do I know what the main quest? symbols?name?

ON-qico-Main.png In the Journal, the "Main Story" part of the Main Quest is always listed in the "Main Story" section, and on consoles also has a specific icon (see left).

ON-qico-Normal.png The "Alliance Story" part of the Main Quest is not directly identifiable, as it is marked in the same way as side quests in the same zone; listed in the Journal under the Zone name and with the Normal Quest icon. Because of this, it is not possible to tell the difference between Alliance Story Quests and Side Quests. However, if you do the Alliance Story quests in order, completion of one will almost always lead to the next one, and the first quest you see when leaving Coldharbour is the first quest in the Alliance Story.

See the links above to UESP for details on the quests.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Belatore
    Belatore
    Soul Shriven
    This is helpful for me as well since I just started to play this game. Thanks for the info!