The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Can't stay connected.

Fraguilay
Fraguilay
Soul Shriven
Hi there, I'm attempting to play ESO on my Xbox one and every time I login, I get kicked in five minuets or less when my friend is in my group. I don't really have these issues when he is offline but I want to play with my friend. It's very frustrating to wait ten minuets to finally login just to be kicked after five minuets or so of gameplay. I would really appreciate having this issue rectified, I just spent $60 on this game and would really like to play it without further interruption.
  • C3NTUR1ON
    C3NTUR1ON
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Getting kicked repeatedly.
  • reccy
    reccy
    Soul Shriven
    I had a similar problem. I play for 5 minutes and get kicked, and taken to xbox home screen. Sound familiar? It did to me. I remember i had a similar issue with destiny when it came out last year. I managed to find a fix for that, and guess what it worked for ESO! I got a good few hours of uninterrupted play last night.

So heres the fix, hopefully it helps others. In destiny the error code i kept getting was called 'canary'. Now im UK based and use Virgin media with one of their routers. The fix i appled was as below:

Have you been plagued by the "canary" error? I have and couldn't enjoy the Destiny experience on next-gen.

However a Bnet user by the alias of Finelicker has you covered! (This is for the Virgin Superhub 2 router, if you're not using this same model, try to follow the steps as you can and apply the changes.)

"I've had the widely reported problem with the game disconnecting after 10 minutes (VIRGIN SUPERHUB 2) with the canary error. I've tried everything advised but nothings worked so far, apart from the following. I've been playing for several hours no with not one problem or diconnect.

Go to your xbox 1 network settings and establish which of the two networks you're on. (either the 5ghz or the 2.4 one)

The go to your PC browser and login to your router settings 192.168.0.1 (password by default is changme)

Go to advanced settings
    then select Wireless radio
    you'll then see three speed options for each bandwidth, the 2.4ghz and the 5ghz. My xbox one was on the 5ghx channel with the speed set to 450mbs, I selected the 54mbs option and applied and saved.

Your xbox will then disconnect and re connect to the network as your router applies the settings. Once done, happy gaming :)"

I really hope this helps some of you, even without a Virgin Media router. Good luxk guys!