Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alchemist Certification - Can't find Columbine or Mountain Flower

vapecore
vapecore
Soul Shriven
I screwed up on the original spawns for the alchemy certification and crafted the wrong potion.

I can't seem to find columbine or mountain flower ANYWHERE. Anyone know any good spots to get these reagants?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What faction are you playing? The world spawn points for resources are fixed but the type of ingredient is (somewhat) RNG.

I have some maps that will at least tell you where to look:
    thesidekickorder.com/bbs2/index.php?showforum=7
    I haven't updated those maps in forever but at least all of the low level areas should be covered.

Also, it really helps to have 1 point in "Keen Eye", especially for Columbine ...
    smile.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on June 10, 2015 9:57PM
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you got the quest, and the 2 'easy' spots it showed you, if you used them or sold them, just delete the quest and pick it up again, so the two 'easy' spots re-spawn.

Or you have to do it the hard way and just look and hopefully randomly find the ones you need, they are hard to spot at low level when you have not points in the skill line ("Keen Eye") that shows them up.

Also go into settings and 'turn off grass' as they make them hard to spot
    Edited by Natjur on June 10, 2015 10:46PM
  • vapecore
    vapecore
    Soul Shriven
    @Natjur , I tried just that actually. Abandoned the quest and came back to it, the ingredients didn't respawn in the easy locations.

@SirAndy , I'm with EP faction. Thanks for the maps, I'll take a look at them.
  • vapecore
    vapecore
    Soul Shriven
    I'm guilty of being an Xbox player, so there's no way for me to turn off the grass. I'm trying to go by the maps but I think the locations are either changed all-around or different on Xbox because I haven't found a single one.

There's got to be a better way to do this besides running around through flowers for hours, lmao
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since you can't turn off grass, other best option is to put a point into Alchemy 'keen eye' passive. This will make all alchemy plants easier to spot. Columbine and Mountain Flower are two of the hardest plants to spot.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vapecore wrote: »
    I'm trying to go by the maps but I think the locations are either changed all-around or different on Xbox because I haven't found a single one.
    Unfortunately the resource nodes are not instanced, so if you have a lot of people in the lower level zones right now, your chances of finding a node are greatly reduced.

You might want to try some areas that are off the beaten path.
    :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    If you got the quest, and the 2 'easy' spots it showed you, if you used them or sold them, just delete the quest and pick it up again, so the two 'easy' spots re-spawn.
    I think they stopped that from working in order to prevent people from constantly starting and then dropping the quest in order to continually farm the mats.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    @vapecore Same here: I used "Clear water" instead of "Natural water" (or the other way round, I'm not sure...) at the alchemical lab, so I lost the flowers. Later I found - with much trouble, indeed... - a couple of Mountain flowers, but no Columbine at all.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just keep looking, you will find it eventually or you can try buying it from other player. When you need to get X item for cerfitication or writ, it doesnt matter how you will get it. You just need to have 0 of them and then 1 of them or more (you can even keep it in bank and take it out and it will count as getting it).
  • Jembra
    Jembra
    @vapecore I "used" my columbine and mtn flower because the dude said taste them. So I did. Now I am on an epic journey to go find them again like you.
    I found columbine near Phaer Wayshire, near the water resources. Remember, it is low bush, with small pink blooms.
    As far as mountain flower, no luck yet but I will keep you posted.
    High Elf ~ Dragonknight
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • ZOS_Ann
    ZOS_Ann
    ✭✭
    We move this thread to a more appropriate section of the forums. Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.