The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Items do not stack in guild bank

Quack
Quack
Soul Shriven
After a google search, I found that this is a problem on the PC as well. However, they can manually stack the items and put them back in the guild bank. Console players cannot do this. 500 guild bank spaces is not a lot when 30 of them are filled with barley. This needs to be fixed.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quack wrote: »
    However, they can manually stack the items and put them back in the guild bank. Console players cannot do this.
    Why not?

• Quack
    Quack
    Soul Shriven
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Quack wrote: »
    However, they can manually stack the items and put them back in the guild bank. Console players cannot do this.
    Why not?

Because we cannot drag items and drop them over an item of the same type. The only options we have are Use, Split Stack (the opposite of what I want to do), Destroy, and Get Help.
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to withdraw all the small stacks of 1 item into your personal bags then deposit it back into the guild bank. PC has an addon that does this, but it's only automating that same process.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • Quack
    Quack
    Soul Shriven
    Daveheart wrote: »
    You should be able to withdraw all the small stacks of 1 item into your personal bags then deposit it back into the guild bank. PC has an addon that does this, but it's only automating that same process.

I did try that, but they do not stack in your inventory when you withdraw from the guild bank. I did just figure out, however that withdrawing them from the guild bank and them depositing them into your personal bank does make them stack. SO I guess there is a solution, it's just really annoying.
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, forgot that step.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep people are finding a lot of annoying things about console ESO ... I wonder if their beta team did any genuine beta testing or just used it as a way of accessing the game to play pre-release.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• RefreshDaemon
    I'm guessing it's a bug that crept in after the last patch. It's too annoying to be on purpose right?

This is one of the things I don't understand about Zenimax and Bethesda. The PC UI is perfect for console, and yet it's on PC, and the one we have for console is so cumbersome to navigate... Would it kill them to make this game less frustrating and more fluid to navigate? I mean, tabs for inventory items would be a nice start, and stacking / unstacking options in every menu; furthermore, there are a plethora of console game RPGs out there to draw inspiration from.

It just feels like the UI was an afterthought. I would also like to see my armor at a glance and the overall effect it has on my character's stats. I spent 10 minutes yesterday trying to figure out what my cumulative passives were by going through the skills menu. On PC, I can get all that on the gear page. Come on devs -- let's take a step forward, not backward.
    Edited by RefreshDaemon on June 11, 2015 12:40AM