The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

*URGENT* PS4 support for PSN accounts... SONY seems confused

stickmenz
stickmenz
Can I get someone from Zenimax support to clarify this... I've been disconnected twice from PSN live chat support because I asked a simple question:

On the ESO website "https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ps4accountfaq" it states:

"Players should navigate to the PlayStation Support website at https://support.us.playstation.com/ and contact the Sony team for any issues related to:
ESOTU / Playstation Plus Account account linking/delinking"

Is this correct? Because I've contacted SONY twice, only to be rudely terminated, because my ESO account was linked to my PS4 guest account mistakenly... Now I'm unable to unlink this and link my correct account... Also, it's now over a full 24 hours and no support back from ESO help ticket I created.

Thanks
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Generally customer service does not cut a customer off unless the customer is the one being rude or offensive.

Customer service people are human beings and need to be treated with respect, they are employees NOT personally responsible for the horrors being experienced by players. They are also bound by PSN rules so if it is not within the rules you can politely ask to be escalated to a manager who may have the authority to do something the general customer service staff are not permitted to do.

The other possibility is system failure due to current demand and overload - maybe the infrastructure cut you off rather than the customer service person.

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• doomtrigger
    They did it to me as well they said they can't do anything and asked if there was anything else and then when I was typing they disconnected
  • stickmenz
    stickmenz
    OzJohn, nope.... Nice as a plum, they simply cut me off and told me to deal with Zenimax... lol
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    ah thanks for that info stickmenz .. that is unacceptable and indicates a level of frustration. Must be awful at PSN customer service at the moment
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• stickmenz
    stickmenz
    Ya I was on hold with Zenimax for 3 hours today by phone... Spoke to the Zenimax CSR and was told I would get a call back today... Nope... My ticket/issue is now 2 days old and zero response... Quite simply I'm unable to unlink my account to link my proper PSN account
  • Bokumetsu
    Bokumetsu
    Not to sound like an ass but have you tried pressing the "unlink" button?

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/account/linked_accounts

• stickmenz
    stickmenz
    Of course I have, didn't work. Others have tried as well
  • nikigwil2
    nikigwil2
    Soul Shriven
    Has anyone had any luck getting this sorted. My boyf has been having massive problems tryi.g to link his account to his psn. Mines linked fine but his hasnt. He is currently waiting for a reply from sonys tech team