Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cannot delete my characters

Snowgoons
Snowgoons
✭✭✭✭
This delete character limit thing is stupid, if it's for botting let me prove I'm not a bot somehow with a captcha or something, this is ridiculous. One hour on hold for support still holding, submitted a ticket in game, came here and sent an email, have yet to speak to anyone @Zenimax, this is the worst customer service to date.
Rollin' round Tamriel on that skooma wasted like a failed Grand Theft Auto mission.
  • Snowgoons
    Snowgoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snowgoons wrote: »
    This delete character limit thing is stupid, if it's for botting let me prove I'm not a bot somehow with a captcha or something, this is ridiculous. One hour on hold for support still holding, submitted a ticket in game, came here and sent an email, have yet to speak to anyone @Zenimax, this is the worst customer service to date.

Update: 1 hour 28 minutes in someone picked up the phone, asked me for my username and stuff and then stated system malfunctioned and they needed to put me on another hold.

<waits in line like a good civilian>

-__-

Update 2: Gentleman came back and simply stated there is nothing they can do on their end and I must wait 24 hours, to which I replied it most likely has been over this time since I started with this issue at midnight June 9th, he just suggested I wait til the end of today....and reply to his email if it's still happening

Someone done f'd up, if it's Zenimax for this stupid deletion limit thing, or whoever, someone done f'd it up <angry joe voice>

<waits in his own line like a good civilian twiddling his thumbs>

Rollin' round Tamriel on that skooma wasted like a failed Grand Theft Auto mission.
  • Tickturd
    Tickturd
    Soul Shriven
    The delete character limiting is to limit wasted server resources on people who create multiple characters and delete them for dumb reasons. 5 spaces is more than enough to experience 4 classes that can perform any function or role in PVE or PVP.
  • Snowgoons
    Snowgoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tickturd wrote: »
    The delete character limiting is to limit wasted server resources on people who create multiple characters and delete them for dumb reasons. 5 spaces is more than enough to experience 4 classes that can perform any function or role in PVE or PVP.

So I should be forced to create new characters instead of replacing my old ones to somehow save "server resources" lol you work at ZOS just trolling or?

It's a dumb system, and regardless if I was the one suffering from it or not I would still think it was a dumb system. It doesn't make sense to penalize anyones playing behavior based on "server resources" whatever you include in that..

It's there for RMT bot spam reasons and shouldn't be affecting any consumer, is walmart going to prevent you from entering their store for 24 hours after someone is found drinking an unpaid for chocolate milk?

That's the level of stupidity this system is on.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Few think this is stupid. You have 8 character slots, can delete 3 before you hit a cool down. This is how ESO has been from day 1 ... to repeatedly create and delete characters is not how you play ESO
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well... you could look at it as an alertness test.

You create a character, spending hours getting the look just right, and then [insert whatever] delete that character.

In the lower right hand corner of your character screen the notice that says you have 3 deletes has now changed to two.

You create yet another character ... maybe it took hours or days of contemplation or work ... or maybe you just hit 'create' too soon; for whatever reason you delete that character.

In the lower right hand corner of your character screen, the delete limit has dropped to one.

Do you ask? Do you look online (at any of the myriad threads and history of the rise of the living bots)?

Maybe not.

Then you are down to 0 deletes.

You still potentially have 7 more character slots on that server.

Well .... now you have time to read all the threads about why it was added to the game.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis