Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

PS4 and PC Accounts - Can You Have Both?

redskins08ub17_ESO
Question, I bought the game on PC, played since beta, hit max level, quit due to PvP being horrible/broken. Screwed around, didn't realize there was a 30 day timeframe to transfer my PC character to console, thought that was just related to getting the game for $20 + transfer. Thinking, there would be an option to pay just for the transfer after launch.

I screwed up, no biggie. So, with that said, if I purchase the game on console and it sets up my account on the same email address as the PC account is using, will this cause any errors? Reason being, I had a heck of a time with Battlefield 4 because of said issues. My email that I use for my PS4 was the same one I had used for Battlefield 3 on PC.

It kept messing up and wouldn't recognize the PS4 game purchase and never showed me owning it through battlecom, even though I had I was a premium member. So I had to create another account through a secondary profile on PS4 and use another email address. That was all fine and dandy, but because it was a secondary account, it did not link the premium membership to that account and when new content/challenges came out, it required you to access your premium account and I couldn't.

Sorry for the novel, I just want to make sure before purchasing the game on console that I don't run into any issues regarding stupid email set-ups across platforms again.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of experienced this.

My BF had an account on PC which he no longer players. After I got mine all set up, we swapped to his user on the PS4 and attempted to make him an account. His PS4 email and ESO PC email are the same. When you start up the game on console, it asks you to link your account (only applies if you paid for the transfer) or create new account. We selected create new account.. and used his email. it gave us an error. So we used a different email of his - and it worked.. even though his PSN email is the same as ESO PC. So just make up a second email to use when you first log into ESO on console is the moral of that story. Your console account email appears to have no effect.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • redskins08ub17_ESO
    Thanks MissBizz! Good to know. That will impact which PS4 account I purchase it on too.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks MissBizz! Good to know. That will impact which PS4 account I purchase it on too.

Also, just some tips for the forums :)

If you would like someone to be notified that you mentioned them make sure when you type their name it's in @redskins08ub17_ESO - Otherwise it doesn't tell them, and many people may not come back to threads they previously commented in :)

If you have any other questions feel free to ask me! I have played PC since April 2014, and have set myself up on PS4, so I should be in good standing in about a week to help with console specific questions ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • bburnett
    bburnett
    Same thing here I got the game for console and Used my same log in info account linked up but had too start fresh