The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Explorer pack and family Xbox live names

x1nfidel
x1nfidel
I have the Explorer pack, and it works for my Xbox live account. But my wife's live account that is on the same Xbox does not receive any of the benefits. Is this meant to be this way?
  • sassaman
    sassaman
    I think I saw an admin post that it's a problem they are looking into but this may be an issue with Xbox as well so it could take some time
  • LaxWoW18
    LaxWoW18
    yeah I'm getting two story's.

one is they are looking into this problem.

two is that someone called Xbox and they said that this add ons are only per account.

i dont think #2 is the case because with other games your able to buy dlc stuff and that stuff works. why wouldnt this work.

we shall see what happens.
  • x1nfidel
    x1nfidel
    Hmm. Well my wife is pretty upset about it. Lol
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only the person buying gets the benefits.
    No one else qualifies as only one Xbox account pre-ordered.
    The DLC is bonus to pre ordering but otherwise requires a seperate purchase.
    The game can be played by others without the bonus DLC until it's purchased.

Working as intended
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf got it right, I'll link to the official source just so you can be sure :)

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29758/kw/console imperial edition
    If two people share one copy of the Imperial Edition of ESOTU on their console, do they both get the Imperial Edition perks?

While multiple players can use the same copy of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited on the same console, the Imperial Edition and Explorer's Pack perks apply to individual player accounts rather than to the console itself. Players will need to redeem unique Imperial Edition and Explorer's Pack codes on their PlayStation Network or Xbox Live Gold accounts in order to receive the perks.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • BadMeetEvlShady
    Dlc licenses are up to the developer not the console makers(Xbox one, ps4) there are certain dlc that has been released already that is only useable under the account that bought it I don't understand why people are upset when in your tos(terms of service) thru Microsoft it says this under licensing agreement. Don't wanna trust you call Microsoft you will get they and they will tell you the same thing. Here is a link from the devs maybe this will show you all the proof.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29758/

Sorry for being salty but post like this have already been open there are some of us who bought the dlc and didn't get it let them work on our issue since we didn't get what we paid for so plz leave this alone maybe they will add this as a buy able dlc in the future sorry for being salty but I know the truth hurts.
  • x1nfidel
    x1nfidel
    i was just curious if that's the way it was meant to be, I'm not asking anyone to fix anything. and I did try to find this info, but maybe I'm just not a good Googler as some people.
  • BadMeetEvlShady
    It's not Google it's under their support page it's all over these forums they have closed threads like this already. Before posting right away just look around besides just the first page. Like I said sorry before but you can play the game some of us are going on 36 hours plus without even been able to load past the character customization cuz we have a real bug that needs fixing. Sorry you feel cheated but that's the way the developers wanted to do their dlc which is understandable so you just don't keep getting the crowns over and over and load them into one character all the time. Keeps the in game currency balanced for people who earn their money and doesn't inflate prices on people who don't pay to win. Sorry but maybe looking at it this way will make better sense to everyone who keeps asking this.
  • x1nfidel
    x1nfidel
    again I understand that and I don't feel cheated. I was just curious if that was the way it was meant to be. I'm sorry that you cannot play your game. and I understand that you're upset. that does not give you the right to attack me because I posted forum
  • BadMeetEvlShady
    Wow you feel attacked for the blunt truth being the truth and there are bigger issues than you not being able to share your dlc. wow this is crazy you really think I singled you out go look around man seriously you would see that your questions was answered yesterday it's not my fault that you can't point and click and read sorry that the technology is difficult to use.
  • BadMeetEvlShady
    Go ahead and say something back or report me but if you look your answer would be in front of you. So cry about me "attacking" you all I said is sorry that your issues isn't and issue and never was. I'm not going to repost or respond back to someone who and I'm going to quote Jack Nicholson " YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH". So
  • SelfCentered
    Go ahead and say something back or report me but if you look your answer would be in front of you. So cry about me "attacking" you all I said is sorry that your issues isn't and issue and never was. I'm not going to repost or respond back to someone who and I'm going to quote Jack Nicholson " YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH". So

Why so serious?
  • x1nfidel
    x1nfidel
    @BadMeetEvlShady I guess you don't have a wife... I just asked a simple question. I'm sorry your panties got all twisted up. Please forgive my ignorance.
  • BadMeetEvlShady
    No I do and when I order my $120 dollar version and found out that she didn't get it I paid for another copy yea I blew money but I know my wife is happier that she is able to have the same experience in game that I do but just can't get The dlc to work properly.
  • BadMeetEvlShady
    I really hope this gets lock soon I'm done dealing with someone who gonna take offense to everything he is told and even shown the answer to his question and then try's to justify his issues across I'm not the only one that tried to show you the link you just took offense cuz your issue isn't an issue at all... Never was so go play the game since your able too.
  • SelfCentered
    Why buy a whole copy again when the explorer back is available in the crown store. It's not called the explorer pack, but the adventurer pack. So congrats.
  • blk-rider
    blk-rider
    Soul Shriven
    Ok I understand about the liscens and the account holder who preordered having the dlc but in my xbox it says my dlc is installed so I can't buy the packs even if I wanted too how do I fix this or is this being worked on too
  • x1nfidel
    x1nfidel
    I didn't take offense to anything, you did how ever attack my reasoning for this post, then went on a rant about your problems. Yes my question was answered. By the couple of comments before your original one. Now you insist on continuing this rant of yours, even after I asked for forgiveness of my original post, and for not doing proper research.

I like how you say that you hope this post gets locked soon, because your done dealing with me, but continue to rant on this post.

I am sorry you and many others are having problems with this game and I do hope they get fixed soon.

Thank you to the people that answered my short, simple question with out feeling the need to air out your frustrations on me

@blk-rider as for as I can tell is they are working on it. Not sure if that means allowing the dlc to be used per console with family accounts or not.