The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dismounting on weapon swap

Soleya
Soleya
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm finding I'm getting dismounted from my horse if I swap weapons while on horse. However it only happens when swapping to my secondary weapon set. Switching from 2nd to 1st does not dismount me. It also does not happen on one of my charcters at all no matter which I swap to.

It happens on the following:
1st = Axe/Shield
2nd = Restro staff

1st = Destro Staff
2nd = Restro Staff

1st = Sword/Shield
2nd = Axe

1st = Restro Staff
2nd = Destro Staff

1st = Restro Staff
2nd = Axe/Shield

It does not happen when

1st = Bow
2nd = Dual Daggers
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After some more trying, it doesn't seem to matter what skills are on my bars (I removed all of them and it still happens).

I did notice the issue does not occur with my nightblade or my dragon knight. It happens with 2 of my sorcs, but not my 3rd sorc. I don't have a level 15 templar yet to try it.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After more trying. I found the issue.

If you have Bound Armor (Sorc - Daedric Summoning ability) on the primary bar, when you switch to secondary it dismounts you. Bound Armor does not need to be active, just have it in any slot 1-5.
  • ZOS_RyanRuzich
    ZOS_RyanRuzich
    ✭✭✭
    @Slayer9292_ESO This is a really helpful writeup of the bug! :smiley:

We'll reproduce it internally, and update again once we have found the solution with a estimate on when the fix will go live.
    Ryan Ruzich
    Gameplay Programmer - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Staff Post
  • o0Velius
    o0Velius
    ✭✭✭
    This issue still exists
    Main Tank For
    Difficulty Increased
    [/b]

PC : @o0Velius

Xbox One. GT: oo Velius
    [/center]
  • Villious
    Villious
    ✭✭✭
    I had this happen tonight as well. 9 months and still broken. At least ZOS is consistent with their bug fixes. :-/
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, thankfully this thread is around just put bound armor onto my first bar to lvl daedric summoning faster and when id switch to my resto staff which does not have that skill on the bar i was getting dismounted. So the bug is still around
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Sereliel
    Sereliel
    Bump still happening
  • highwayman138_ESO
    I started having this problem tonight when I zoned into Wrothgar.
    Edited by highwayman138_ESO on November 20, 2016 5:58AM
  • highwayman138_ESO
    Turns out it was the Bound Armor skill that was causing me to dismount. Now that makes two reasons the skill sucks.
    Edited by highwayman138_ESO on November 23, 2016 11:28PM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank God for this thread.
    This was driving me nuts on my stamsorc and I couldnt figure out why!

Bound armor removed from bar
    Beta tester November 2013
  • highwayman138_ESO
    This issue was fixed on the PTS, should go live in Homestead.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue was fixed on the PTS, should go live in Homestead.

Glad to hear it was fixed after 18 months.