Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Getting started

pretttybird
pretttybird
Soul Shriven
Hello :-) I haven't played oblivion in quite a while. Does anyone have advice on how to get started, how to make money fast, where to buy clothes and how to jump into making them right away? I enjoy magic more than weapons, also. So excited! Just need a little slap on the tush ;-) xoxo thanks in advance!!
  • pretttybird
    pretttybird
    Soul Shriven
    I've completed a few... Quests? Whatever. Little tasks, I have about 1000 coin. I purchased the membership as well.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello! I've seen a few "help, I'm underleveled!" threads cropping up already, so I'll start by advising you to go to the starter island. Each alliance has a different one (Khenarti's Roost in AD, Stros M'Kai -> Betnikh in DC and Bleakrock -> Bal Foyen in EP). There should be an NPC ready to take you there around the area where you woke up.

Check out MissBizz's guides, I think there's a link to Craz's written guide somewhere in there too.

Basically, go out, do quests and have fun. :) You might be able to make money off crafting (mostly selling mats, but also sets for new players) soon if transfer players don't corner the market, so it's worth investing in even if not just for your personal gain. By clothing I assume you mean armor (there's also actual clothing you can steal and disguises from quests, crown store etc.) Don't ever buy it from merchants (unless it's a PvP set), they're prohibitely expensive. Instead, simply gather all materials you can find. This will be difficult now, though, because of thousands of player doing the same thing in low level zones. :p Crafting experience, called inspiration, is best gained through deconstructing stuff. You may notice that many items you loot have traits (weighted, precise, reinforced and so on). You can research them at the appropriate crafting station, I recommend starting right away because it takes a lot of time. Researching allows you to craft special armor sets.
    Edited by Rosveen on June 10, 2015 2:12AM
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you purchased membership keep in mind you will find more money on your adventures and earn more exp. For the making of the money I would recommend to continue doing quest as for level 20 and below is the best way of earning armor and weapons of your level without crafting them. Also selling the weapons and armor you don't need.

Another really good way of making money is collecting resources such as iron ore, flax, and aspect runes as these in some cases can be worth 2,000gp per aspect rune.

If you are playing on console I wish you luck on selling items in voice chat; try joining a trade guild as it will save you from shouting, every 5 mins shouting about selling raw Materials.

enjoy the game as it will keep you entertained longer then oblivion.
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just do the quests. Use the gear you find, vendor the rest, you will make 20K to 30k gold from the first zone.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"