Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Still getting the same can't log in error

mdhammond
mdhammond
✭✭✭
I was able to log in a few times today but for the most part I still keep getting the same can't log in error from initial launch on the NA server
  • mdhammond
    mdhammond
    ✭✭✭
    Also the few times I did get in it crashed me out twice
  • NardFontbottom
    NardFontbottom
    Soul Shriven
    Hey, I have been having the same issues pop up. Initially, it started when I got the "too many messages" error (something like 318 or 308). These are the things I remembered/learned while trying to figure out why I could not get past the problem:
    • First, I remembered that this is pretty much par for the course for day one of a console multiplayer game. Several Battlefield and CoD games revealed this painfully.
    • Second, the "too many messages" error seems to be related to lag, which is followed by entering too many consecutive commands, which causes the crash.
    • Third, I sent an email to customer service to figure out why I was getting the login request failure. I received a template response advising to setup port forwarding (I deal with that regularly for other people and was easy enough). Nevertheless, this did not resolve the issue. On a whim, I waited and was eventually let back in. Later, it happened again. I tried to connect, tried again, then again, and again. Eventually, it allowed the connection to go through.

All of this, again, appears to be just day one issues. Doesn't diminish the frustration by any means, but makes it a bit more understandable. I hope this helps in the least. There were other causes to the game crashing that I cannot reason and I finally gave up for the night. For the second point, though, it may require, for the time, recognizing moments of lag and reacting with a slight modification to one's playing style.

• mdhammond
    mdhammond
    ✭✭✭
    Ty for the reply