The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Post Release Console Poll: Gamertags/PSN ID's or Character Names be shown?

• NeitherFirstnorLast
    NeitherFirstnorLast
    Soul Shriven
    The current system is horrible, I want to always see charcter names and not Gamertags/PSN names in proximity, group, etc.
    Tre_775 wrote: »
    TESO can take a lesson from how Battle.net implements BattleTag and Real ID. You can still block trolls and all of the respective account's characters via BattleTag , you can recognize your friend's characters through either BattleTag or Real ID, and do all this without ever knowing their log-in name. Bottom line is that it gives people choices and provides levels of security. Seeing player's Gamertags/PSN names in-game flat our ruins immersion and RP.

Interesting point - revealing our Gamertags/PSN names could be a security concern?
    Options
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want an optional toggle to switch between Gamertags/PSN names and character names at will to be displayed.
    I chose the toggle but I would have preferred an option that I toggle my own psn Id or character name on or off that way only what I choose can be seen not what someone else chooses

That said i want the option to toggle my character name rather then my psn
    Options
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want an optional toggle to switch between Gamertags/PSN names and character names at will to be displayed.
    I would like to know if devs are taking that under consideration.
    Options
  • Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭
    The current system is horrible, I want to always see charcter names and not Gamertags/PSN names in proximity, group, etc.
    Terrible idea what they did. No other console mmo does this but Destiny I'm aware of.
    PS4 NA
    Options
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked in vain for a toggle when I first logged in. No such luck. Also sorry I should have voted for the middle choice to make it a toggle
    Options
  • Nergie4242
    Nergie4242
    ✭✭✭
    Eleusian wrote: »
    Terrible idea what they did. No other console mmo does this but Destiny I'm aware of.

Sums up ZOS's handling of console play in its entirety quite well i feel.
    You give me a chat box ZOS and I'll start giving you my money again.
    Options
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    So no devs here?

Whatever, I'm sure it's possible if you give us some options on console :
    • Only show GamerTags/PSN ID
    • Only show character name
    • Show GT/PSN on top (big) + character name bottom (small)
    • Show Character name on top (big) + GT/PSN bottom (small)
    Options
  • Gyari
    Gyari
    Soul Shriven
    Tre_775 wrote: »
    TESO can take a lesson from how Battle.net implements BattleTag and Real ID. You can still block trolls and all of the respective account's characters via BattleTag , you can recognize your friend's characters through either BattleTag or Real ID, and do all this without ever knowing their log-in name. Bottom line is that it gives people choices and provides levels of security. Seeing player's Gamertags/PSN names in-game flat our ruins immersion and RP.

Agreed, I'm not sure why this hasn't been addressed when they have it set up similarly for PC/Mac.

On the PC/Mac Megaserver, your character name is visible to the general public, while your username is only visible in guilds and friend lists. I converted to TESO for PS4 because the game runs much more smoothly, and I am more fond of console gaming. It would be nice if the same options were available for console. Not only does this invade our privacy (not everyone needs to know that "Fat_Bald_Guy"* plays as a busty High Elf Sorceress), but it also takes away from the roleplaying environment, in which many have come to find peace-of-mind.

*Any similarities to real person(s) or screen-names is not intended. This is just an example of how using our GamerTag versus our Chosen Character Name can affect the player experience.
    Edited by Gyari on December 29, 2015 3:00AM
    Options
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Character names please
    Options
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    I moved back to the PC version, my god how good chat box feels, i did have fun on the console with my NA guild and all especially in PVP and I've yet to find a guild on PC, it seems very hard to do so... but it's sad to see the devs really don't care about console gamers AT ALL, this is 100% obvious with how long the game has been out and no names or chat box still it's disgusting excuse for an MMO. My main MMO at min is FFXIV and that game runs the same on console as it does on PC with a chat box -_-

Over Christmas i sold almost all of my 40 ps4 games except for exclusives and limited steel book editions of my games and switched fully to PC gaming now because games can offer soo much more on PC and devs of PC games actually care about their players in games such as FFXIV.

I just don't see this game having a long future on console at all, especially not a social one, Nothing beats a PC guild with team speak and chat as the social interaction here is 100x anything you will have on console... lol the amount of times alone we link funny youtube videos to each other while playing is just one bonus of PC gaming.

End factor is that ESO is crap on consoles for anyone other than an ES solo fan.
    I was once Banned for making a game criticism. Think about that.
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can see that there is no option for just saying I dont want it to change at all. I'd hate to see tons of name tags boibbling in the room when I go to the bank.Pets are bad enough.
    Options
  • Gyari
    Gyari
    Soul Shriven
    Volkodav wrote: »
    I can see that there is no option for just saying I dont want it to change at all. I'd hate to see tons of name tags boibbling in the room when I go to the bank.Pets are bad enough.

The character name would not be showing constantly; it would be replacing the PSN ID that is already shown.

(The names should not be bobbing at all, unless someone personally toggles an option such as "show all names")
    Options
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's coming!!!

Hope it will be possible to show both Gamertag and character name.

Thank you ZOS!
    Options
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nic727 wrote: »
    It's coming!!!

Thank you ZOS!

link or bull s
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like seeing Gamertags/PSN names instead of character names, do not change it or add an optional toggle.
    Nic727 wrote: »
    It's coming!!!

Thank you ZOS!

link or bull s

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/01/12/eso--the-year-ahead

Besides the major DLC packs, other features we are working on include scrolling combat text (which will go live with the Thieves Guild DLC in Q1), character nameplates, the ability for console players to display their character name instead of their PSN ID/XBL Gamertag, among others.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    now all they have to add is a chat box for console and voice chat for pc...
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like seeing Gamertags/PSN names instead of character names, do not change it or add an optional toggle.

did you read the link?

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/01/12/eso--the-year-ahead

to some extent...text chatting is being adding. not sure if its a box or something else but it reads:

Enable text chat on consoles later this year to help players – if they wish – to communicate zone-wide with other players, have easier access to emotes, and be able to chat with others using text instead of voice. This will be optional, and we will continue to fully support voice chat on console as the primary means of communication.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭

did you read the link?

to some extent...text chatting is being adding. not sure if its a box or something else but it reads:

Enable text chat on consoles later this year to help players – if they wish – to communicate zone-wide with other players, have easier access to emotes, and be able to chat with others using text instead of voice. This will be optional, and we will continue to fully support voice chat on console as the primary means of communication.

Haha that made me laugh :)

Don't think he read the link
    Options
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah if I played this game on my fancy bluray player (ps4) I wouldn't care to see XxxpwnyourexXxx and the likes running around either.
    Options
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well i sold my PS4 copy and switched to PC lol, I campaigned to change so much back at release and no response from the devs made me quit the ps4 version.
    Options