Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

At Frost's Edge

purexstacy
purexstacy
Soul Shriven
The quest is not triggering when I read the note. I have been trying for an hour and can't drop the note to possibly try again. Bjorynolf is the only person I have not rescued and would really like to finish this area and get the achievement. Anyone know a way around this?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember an item ever being considered a "quest item" until the quest has actually started...
    It may be worth checking your journal in case the quest popped in there without you noticing. Something else you could try is going directly to Bjorynolf and see if you can free him without it.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • purexstacy
    purexstacy
    Soul Shriven
    I figured it out. Everything I read online said the note that you loot from a bandit started the quest when you read it. Which the note is a quest item. I actually had to find frostedge camp and there is a note there which starts it. So much for online info :).
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    purexstacy wrote: »
    I figured it out. Everything I read online said the note that you loot from a bandit started the quest when you read it. Which the note is a quest item. I actually had to find frostedge camp and there is a note there which starts it. So much for online info :).
    When I did the quest a few months ago, it was started by the note looted from a bandit. Maybe they changed it... Glad you've found a solution though!
    Edited by Enodoc on June 10, 2015 11:01AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • DooleyNoted
    DooleyNoted
    Soul Shriven
    test
    XBL: Dooley Noted