Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Console Hard Lock Target?

koetty
koetty
✭✭
Hey guys,
today I played on Xbox One and recognized that theres no Button for Hard Lock a Target. On Pc i pressed TAB for this. I am missing something? In PVP I want to lock on one target but that isnt possible without lock.

Any help?
Thanks
  • koetty
    koetty
    ✭✭
    For better understanding I meant the well known tab targeting. Without that combat on console especially pvp will be a nightmare :/
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    koetty wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    today I played on Xbox One and recognized that theres no Button for Hard Lock a Target. On Pc i pressed TAB for this. I am missing something? In PVP I want to lock on one target but that isnt possible without lock.

Any help?
    Thanks

Don't have console version but the tab target system on pc is not a hard lock. Which means if your crosshairs is not directly on the target it doesn't matter if the tab target white box has highlighted the target. You won't hit it. Therefore, I'm not sure how much value the tab target system provides people other than giving visual cues. Just learn to focus on the cross hair and intended target.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    koetty wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Any help?
    Thanks

Don't have console version but the tab target system on pc is not a hard lock. Which means if your crosshairs is not directly on the target it doesn't matter if the tab target white box has highlighted the target. You won't hit it. Therefore, I'm not sure how much value the tab target system provides people other than giving visual cues. Just learn to focus on the cross hair and intended target.

Often it is unavoidable that you have more than one enemy in your cross-hairs, or one walks in front of the other constantly not allowing you focus a target without hitting another accidentally.

The soft-targetting used by tabbing in the PC version allows you to ignore other targets around your intended target as long as they are in your cross-hairs.

I use it constantly, especially in larger scale PvP.
  • koetty
    koetty
    ✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Often it is unavoidable that you have more than one enemy in your cross-hairs, or one walks in front of the other constantly not allowing you focus a target without hitting another accidentally.

Ye that's why I'm asking. Can't believe theres no button on console for this :neutral:
    On melee it may works without but on range? urgh? Imagine killing the healer in the background and you accidentally focus on tank :-/

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to know about this too, i've not played PC but wondered if there was a way to highlight one charactor for ranged damge as PvP can get a bit busy
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • MadNeedHelp
    MadNeedHelp
    ✭✭✭
    It's not hard lock, but hold down right thumbstick and it will highlight the target with a white outline. Keep in mind that if he stealth then it's gone. On Xbox one btw..
    XBOX ONE
    VR16 HIGH ELF SORC
    EBONHEART PACT
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!! Thanks @MadNeedHelp so one click and they stay selected or hold down to keep highlighted? Thanks!!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • HebrewHatchet
    HebrewHatchet
    ✭✭✭
    If you bring up the options screen you will see a button layout. It will say how to lock onto a target. The default scheme has you lock a target by holding R3 with your crosshairs on a target. If you changed your control scheme (like I did) to the scheme where R3 jumps, then holding square (on PS4) does it. Check the button layout in the options menu.
    [PS4 NA]
    PSN: HebrewHatchet
  • MadNeedHelp
    MadNeedHelp
    ✭✭✭
    Hold it down, one click sends you into stealth mode and no problem!
    XBOX ONE
    VR16 HIGH ELF SORC
    EBONHEART PACT
  • MrGigglypants
    MrGigglypants
    ✭✭✭
    Press the right direction stick down