Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mage Knockback?

Sanguis_Tiberius
Sanguis_Tiberius
✭✭✭
New to ESO and can't figure out how to knock an enemy back using the staff? How do you hit someone or something with a staff and send them flying backwards?

Best Answer

• Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the skill "Destructive Touch" while using a flame staff.
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Destructive Touch at lower levels. However, keep a couple of things in mind:

1. It does not work on Bosses, just the Adds (usually)
    2. Don't use the skill on a mob that is engaged with another player, you just reduce the DPS for the whole fight. This is more a courtesy thing than anything else.
    3. Knock back effects are muted after the first one for 5 seconds, so it's just another attack if you spam it.
    4. Since the knock back effect is muted for 5 seconds or so after you use it the first time, take care when selecting the morph. The extra distance one, Destructive Reach, may not be the best Morph anymore. I used to giggle hitting a Mob a couple of time to knock them clean off a cliff or walkway. So, read the Morph choices carefully before deciding what to go with. Although, it is nice to keep the mobs farther away, so it may still be best for you. Your playstyle will decide.
    Edited by Nestor on June 9, 2015 7:54PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"