The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Friend list issue? Can't connect with friend.

j_labbeb16_ESO
j_labbeb16_ESO
✭✭✭
So one of my mates who've been on my PS4 friends list for a while now is not showing up on my friends list in game (for me or him)

We're both on the NA sever,
We've both logged out and in,
We set a place to meet up and we can't even see each other in the game,
We're both at the first major city, same alliance,
When we try to add one another to our I game friends list we get "You have already added this player to friends." Error.
When trying to add player to a party/group "could not find player named...."
  • Tilleroeshi
    Same happening for me!!

• j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It was odd that I had two other ps4 friends showing up on my eso friends list (because they have the game). One was online in a different alliance and the other was offline. I compleatly shut down and restarted the game making sure I was on the NA mega server even though I knew I was because I have my transferred player there and now magically my in game friends list is completely empty.

Same prompts when I try to add him in game to both friends list and party, and we met up somewhere but weren't on each other's screen.
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Full system restart yield nothing.
  • Tilleroeshi
    No word on why I can't "play with friends" I mean he's in the same house as me and we can't play. Totally the opposite of what's supposed to be happening am I right?
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    LoL yup, my buddy told me a bunch of people on reddit are also having this issue since last night.
  • MrSpaM
    MrSpaM
    ✭✭
    Me and my friend are having the exact same problem. We are both on the EU server, have even sent each other photos to make sure. We aren't showing up on each others friends lists, and are completely invisible to each other in game, we have even taken photos of where we are standing, and asked each other which players we can see, and we are both seeing completely different players running around.

It's like we are playing on completely different servers when we know for a fact we aren't, we are even at a similar point in the game.

I have 2 other people on my friends list playing and I can see them on the friends list just fine, it just seems to be this one particular player I cannot see, even searching for the player in the friends tab doesn't seem to work.

Weirdly we have tried sending in game mails to each other and that has worked fine.
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't gone as far as sending mails to each other but it's clear the mega server was a lie :open_mouth:
  • zackietao
    zackietao
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem on me .
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously not a single megaserver, but instancing on separate hardware sets. The seeing different things in the same location proves this.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• SPLINTER_CHIEF
    SPLINTER_CHIEF
    Soul Shriven
    What's going on :( I haven't bothered playing cause of this. On Xbox One.
  • taljanin
    taljanin
    Soul Shriven
    yep same problem here. I hate lying developers, no wonder it is free to play

• j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Splinter this issue occurring on Xbox as well?
  • vandammage
    vandammage
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here.

Doesnt seem like its actually one big server.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi folks,

We posted this in another thread about the same issue, but it's worth sharing again here.

This is an issue we're actively looking into. What we know so far is this seems to be impacting those who are adding existing friends from either Xbox Live or PlayStation Network to the in-game friends list. Here are a few additional details that may help:
    • Only friends who have logged into the same ESOTU console server as you will show up on your in-game friends list.
    • The sync between the Xbox Live and PSN friends lists and ESOTU can take several hours to fully populate.
    • On Xbox One, you must be mutual friends with someone, meaning you need to be following them, and they must be following you in order for them to show up on your in-game friends list in ESOTU.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Tilleroeshi
    So if I remove from PSN friends then add again it may work? I shall try that and report back!
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My friend and I just deleted each other from our contacts on the ps4 the resent a friend request.

Seem to work but don't know how long it will work, might only be a temp fix until ZoS actually fixes this issue.
  • daemonbourne
    daemonbourne
    Soul Shriven
    I have the very same issue but do not want to have to delete all my friends to get it to work....
  • SPLINTER_CHIEF
    SPLINTER_CHIEF
    Soul Shriven
    Splinter this issue occurring on Xbox as well?

Yes :(
  • Draxeus1
    Draxeus1
    Soul Shriven
    So far the only real way to encounter this glitch is for 2 or 3 things to happen

1. Somehow the game crashes, that's the main thing that causes it on ps4

2. Getting kicked out because of your network, ps4 not sure about Xbox 1

3. Getting a glitch where it says you spammed and you get kicked. Ps4

To fix this glitch, you have to delete your friend(s) on ps4 and re add them, hopefully this gets fixed, I have no idea how the devs didn't encounter this in the beta...

Also.. sometimes the group voice chat doesn't work for some reason? But yeah this needs fixing,

1 more thing devs

Love this game a lot, I really do, I'm married to someone so that's a plus ^^ also nice touch, I'm glad that when you marry someone, it's bound to that one character and NOT bound to your PSN account ^^
  • Draxeus1
    Draxeus1
    Soul Shriven
    taljanin wrote: »
    yep same problem here. I hate lying developers, no wonder it is free to play

Um sorry to say but it's not free to pay... reason? You have to pay $60 to buy the game.. if it was free to play then you could just go into the PSN store, go to the "free to play" section and download it

If you mean free to play as in, no $15 subscription then sure
  • Liptrot
    Liptrot
    ✭✭
    I had the same problem last night but managed eventually to find my mate. I went on social then I invited my mate to my group using his online ID even tho he wasn't in my friends list. But even when he was in my group I couldn't see him so I teleporteded to him by selecting his name in group and loaded at a wayshrine, He did the same and we found each other. Hope this helps
  • BlueRazor23
    BlueRazor23
    Soul Shriven
    Liptrot wrote: »
    I had the same problem last night but managed eventually to find my mate. I went on social then I invited my mate to my group using his online ID even tho he wasn't in my friends list. But even when he was in my group I couldn't see him so I teleporteded to him by selecting his name in group and loaded at a wayshrine, He did the same and we found each other. Hope this helps

I have the same issue. I tried to do that just now and it won't work.
    Guess some of us really just have to wait...

Update: In case you guys are using the character name, use the name of the PSN ID.
    Silly me, hahaha!
    Then you should be able to group up with other people using their PSN ID.
    Edited by BlueRazor23 on June 11, 2015 1:48PM
  • Liptrot
    Liptrot
    ✭✭
    Sorry pal I should have said PSN ID not online ID

Did you manage get it to work?
  • BlueRazor23
    BlueRazor23
    Soul Shriven
    Liptrot wrote: »
    Sorry pal I should have said PSN ID not online ID

Did you manage get it to work?

That's okay, I used the PSN ID and it worked.
    Thank you very much!!
    :)
  • glendale1
    glendale1
    ✭✭
    So one of my mates who've been on my PS4 friends list for a while now is not showing up on my friends list in game (for me or him)

We're both on the NA sever,
    We've both logged out and in,
    We set a place to meet up and we can't even see each other in the game,
    We're both at the first major city, same alliance,
    When we try to add one another to our I game friends list we get "You have already added this player to friends." Error.
    When trying to add player to a party/group "could not find player named...."

Same here.
  • Rjthakid
    Rjthakid
    ✭✭
    Soooo I want to play with someone on my friends list...but I can't. Nice.
  • Zenoath
    Zenoath
    Soul Shriven
    Devs - "Actively looking into this" on 6/10/15 but still happened to me today? What gives?
  • oranicus
    oranicus
    Soul Shriven
    Friends list blank also voice chat unavaiable. Tried restarting game, deleting save data off ps4 and restarting console still nothing. This game is now completely unplayable
  • StreetRat
    StreetRat
    What worked for me was I deleted my friend from psn and added him through the ESO friend add. He then popped up right away.
  • Adamsy
    Adamsy
    Hi folks,

We posted this in another thread about the same issue, but it's worth sharing again here.

This is an issue we're actively looking into. What we know so far is this seems to be impacting those who are adding existing friends from either Xbox Live or PlayStation Network to the in-game friends list. Here are a few additional details that may help:
    • Only friends who have logged into the same ESOTU console server as you will show up on your in-game friends list.
    • The sync between the Xbox Live and PSN friends lists and ESOTU can take several hours to fully populate.
    • On Xbox One, you must be mutual friends with someone, meaning you need to be following them, and they must be following you in order for them to show up on your in-game friends list in ESOTU.

or when you lot give us a new patch (nice job by the way fixed alot of problems) but seems more problems arise. my friends list has gone to absolute zero since the new patch.