The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Issues with the console UI

Asha_Veor
Asha_Veor
✭✭✭
Unable to move Stam/Mag/Health to acceptable positions
Unable to alter the opacity of Stam/Mag/Health
Unable to view numbers on bars of Stam/Mag/Health
Unable to alter the opacity of the ability bar

Unable to reposition the group ui box
Unable to reposition ANYTHING UI related
Unable to view / track AP gain in an acceptable manner (impossible to track wither or not a Dtick has occurred in a gamer friendly fashion) Aka on screen, not in a menu.

Your vanilla interface, Needs options. On the PC we had addons to make up for the things you chose not to do. Little quality of life addons that made the game more enjoyable for those who wanted them. Consoles always get shafted on interface options, sure fine whatever. But for the love of TES Don't be one of those games that shafts consoles so harshly. Take a bit of time and add some quality of life options for your console users who want additional information on their screen, or less, or in a different location.

And here I am logged into the console version, Annoyed that the compass and action bars are 2 inches into my screen and blocking my view.

I would really, Really, like to talk to your UI team. I promise to be civil. And I promise that just a bit of attention to little quality of life things will make your game more enjoyable. I understand that the console is not going to have as many options as the PC, or the addons made for it. But surely you can give us more than this.

Sincerely,
T
Edited by Asha_Veor on June 26, 2015 6:10PM
Asha_Veor TwilightPanther
  • Asha_Veor
    Asha_Veor
    ✭✭✭
    Update

Console UI completely lacks a method to restack items once a stack has been split
    No manual method, and the only auto stack method is on pickup

I told you, the guild bank would need a function similar to what roomba does on pc and what do you do? Ignore it, Oh and make it impossible to manually stack items too.

Voice chat has no priority speaker function and no mute function either. Have any of you ever used teamspeak? Cause those functions really are needed when running a raid on voice chat.

You also completely removed zone chat and text chat. We need to be able to communicate with our faction, our whole faction when in PvP. Having voice chat is nice, but you could have allowed text chat as well, plenty of us have usb keyboards attached to our consoles.

Many of these issues, are hampering functionality, quality of life, and the enjoyment of your game for numerous users. Did your beta testers, not go over these issues with you? They seem glaringly obvious to me. What was your UI team thinking?

Cause either your testers gave you this feedback and you ignored it, or your testers left you hanging without pointing out the flaws in your interface.

Update 3

Cyrodiil map filters being sunk into the quest journal makes it difficult to find and turn on.

Cyrodiil map is by default zoomed in rather far, and the zoom out function is far to slow for PvP users to be able to glance at the map and acquire updated war information within an acceptable time.

There is no controller config that allows the horse mount to not be underneath the map button, - this is annoying - Suggestion DP right

The controller configs revive button is very difficult to use in combat, and often ends up with the wrong function, or disappearing off the screen. This makes battle rezzes increasingly difficult, (this coming from a pc vet where it was already an annoying thing) - Suggestion DP down - Held

The controller config for synergies, requires that players take their thumbs off the stick and hold 2 buttons, this is difficult and annoying, on top of which, synergies are still subject to the finicky angles/positions/activation boxes that are annoying enough on PC where its a single button. - Suggestion DP down - Press

Having Ult as a LB + RB often ends up in misfires and duds when LB and RB are commonly used skills by a player and a intense fight is occurring -suggestion LS + RS or a DP press

Suggestion - Crouch - A button - Held

This is a much better setup for PvP players. We do not need DP right quest track changing. Its just not that important.

Edited by Asha_Veor on June 26, 2015 6:08PM
  • Asha_Veor
    Asha_Veor
    ✭✭✭
    the following will not move as part of the console transfer:

Crowns
    Mail
    Guilds
    Friends
    Ignore list
    Trading house
    Raid leaderboards status
    AvA leaderboard status
    Deleted Items
    Deleted Characters

No where did it say our achievements would not carry over and we who transferred would have to redo 9 months of progress, its not in any of the emails either, I checked. Do you have any idea how much time it takes to do EVERYTHING? and because I transferred, I now have to redo all of them if i want it on my ach list?

Gee thanks,
    Great way to reward loyal customers.